Good tool for modding/cutting a case

Associate
I'm looking to get a few new parts for my PC this weks, so am stripping everything out of the case before building it all back up again. I'd like to do a bit of "tweaking" on the case, cutting away stuff that doesn't need to be there, plus improve airflow.

Can anyone recommend a good tool for the job? Some sort of Dremel type thing, budget of about £20-£30?

Soldato
Really? I know they are far from great (I work for a draper retailer and toolhire firm etc..) but I would have thought they would last a few cuts at least. I'm fortunate enough to be in a postion where I can pick what tools I like, so I usually give the draper stuff a miss in favour of dotco/dynabrade/pferd

If you can get your hands on one and do allot of modding then you'll want to look at the pferd uger series, simply astonishing tools and take a great deal of punishment :D

Soldato
started using one on the slowest speed , was cutting a cpu hole to change coolers without taking mobo out . got about 25mm done and it went red hot poped a few times and seized up , took it back and they would not replace or repair it

C64

C64

Soldato
started using one on the slowest speed , was cutting a cpu hole to change coolers without taking mobo out . got about 25mm done and it went red hot poped a few times and seized up , took it back and they would not replace or repair it

It's nigh on impossible to get a lot of coolers on with the board in the case why bother with a mod like that to me cpu cutouts are only useful for h50's or snap on coolers like that unless it's a cutout on a removable Mboard tray.

Soldato
if you have the receipt it comes with a standard either 1 or 3 year warranty, as all draper power tools do depending on line range. your entitled to your money either way :)

guess 125w is just not enough for cutting operations

Back
Top Bottom