GOOD VR games?

Soldato
Wasn't too sure on 4x4 off road. Very twitchy gas pedal, very little braking control. For me a little bit basic when you compare it to older titles in the same genre... Yes because it's VR, but, without that! Ill keep hold of it though to see where they take it for 8 quid.

Pinball FXVR is blooming fantastic though... and tbh the DLC pack tables look even better, castlestorm and earth defence stand out. Costly at a tenner?.. if you've 'any' enjoyment of pinball, the game is 100% worth it, Very much a proper studio developed game.

Associate
Another sport sim but works really well in VR. Eleven: Table Tennis.

I used it with my touch controllers and it works well. Haptic feedback is good and I highly recommend this game Like the golf club vr game for anyone looking for a as close as it gets right now experience in a sports game.

Associate
Really enjoying Arizona Sunshine, just wish it was a bit longer. Played through the campaign a couple times now and having a blast in the multiplayer. Hopefully they will add more content to it.

Associate
Another sport sim but works really well in VR. Eleven: Table Tennis.

I used it with my touch controllers and it works well. Haptic feedback is good and I highly recommend this game Like the golf club vr game for anyone looking for a as close as it gets right now experience in a sports game.

Just got this and totally agree, it's lovely stuff!

Soldato
I picked up some titles during the winter sales :-

EVE: Valkyrie - so far behind Elite Dangerous in terms of VR experience, awful control.
Darknet - Great little VR puzzle game.
Final Approach - Easy to play with nice visuals.
Into The Dead - Nothing special, easy zombie action.
BombSquad - Seems OK, not spent much time on it.
Pinball FX2 VR - If you liked Pinball Dreams from the Amiga days then give it a try.
Chronos - Huge visual impact, some wow moments and worth a look.

Soldato
Project Cars seems vastly improved since last time I played it. The jagged mess it once was seems to be all but gone now. Well worth a recommend at the steam sale price.

Redout and Thumper have impressed me too.

Soldato
Downloading the Redout demo now, thanks, looks similar to Radial-G :D

If you want something a bit different, try Plane9, its a free audio visualiser that works with VR, search google for the site and download.

Associate
Project Cars seems vastly improved since last time I played it. The jagged mess it once was seems to be all but gone now. Well worth a recommend at the steam sale price.

I've got 44hrs on PC using Vive. Just upgraded from a GTX970 to a 1070 so now running a SS of 1.3 with low to medium settings. It's much better but still not as great as I hoped. I was considering Assetto Corsa but I think I will wait until it has native Vive support.

Soldato
I run Project Cars on a GTX1080 and its incredible, going to bumper to bumper round Brands Hatch and checking out the side window alongside a pack of other cars :D

SS 1.6, my settings are in the Project Cars thread.

The weight and field of view of the rift is similar to a race lid which just adds to the experience.

Soldato

For anyone interested in trying pCARS you can get the pagani edition for free, it's cut down but you can get an idea of what you're going to be paying for cause it looks amazing.

Associate
Rift game recommendations:

Assetto Corsa - my main go-to at the moment. It's great in VR, very involving.
Elite Dangerous - it's just awesome to sit in a virtual cockpit and wonder around the stars and planets.
BlazeRush - really well implemented top-down racer. I have the non-VR version as well but this seems to make it much more enjoyable and easy to control. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes micro-machines style games.
Pinball FX2 - pinball games were made for VR. It's surprisingly taxing on the system though.
Redout - Wipeout style racing game with an awesome sense of speed and demands skill and track knowledge through practice. They're still adding content after release.

I recieved an Oculucs Touch for Christmas but haven't had enough time on any of the games I have to recommend them yet.

I still have issues getting PCars force feedback dialled to my liking and am also experiencing graphical flickering (seems to be z-fighting). I will persevere though.

Last edited:
Associate
Robo Recall is going to be amazing, can't get enough of the Bullet Train demo. Also The Lab in Steam is fantastic and well worth checking out.

Soldato
I still have issues getting PCars force feedback dialled to my liking and am also experiencing graphical flickering (seems to be z-fighting). I will persevere though.

With FFB in pCARS you have global settings but then you have FFB settings per car which you need to tune to get it right. I'll try and find a link that explains it.
Once you set up per car FFB it's actually really good.

Soldato
BlazeRush looks brilliant. I had no idea the game existed thanks for bring it up. Not too sure how I'm going to grab it, the steam version doesn't work with revive.

Another positive for Assetto Corsa over Pcars. Added to cart.. caught the racing bug)

Back
Top Bottom