Good Wordpress Slider free/cheap

Associate
Revamping a website for a dentist friend of mine and keeping it simple in Wordpress /bootstrap etc.

My friend had an unused licence for Revolution Slider that he sent to me so I put it on and the features on this plugin are incredible.

Problem is it is so slow to load. When I have revolution slider off and everything else enabled the console shows a page load of anything from 800ms - 1.5 seconds. When the plugin is enabled (no layers/images even) the load time becomes 6-7 seconds even with W3 Cache and some other optimization tricks applied.

Has anyone heard of or had experience with a different slider plugin that I could use here?

EDIT

Load Stats

v2qmhi.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I use Revolution slider - it has 6 slides and on a fairly busy page with a facebook feed the whole thing loads in about 7 seconds

What version is the slider?

Newest 4.6.0 :S

EDIT: I am curious if your whole site takes 7 seconds to fully/acceptably render to the user or does the user not notice the slider taking longer to load? On mine it basically halts everything so if the slider takes 7 seconds the whole website will take 7 seconds and this to me is unacceptable :( Any chance of getting a link to your site so I can have a look or is it a private one?

Bootstrap has a built in slider.

Ah really I must check that out!

Last edited:
Associate
OP

Nice site mate, very clean design! You didnt seem to be as badly affected as mine for some reason, the sluggish load of the revolution slider wasn't noticable. I googled round and there are a lot of complaints about it so I gave up and went on the hunt for a new slider plugin.

I switched to Metaslider Pro and the difference is incredible (also with a few other optimization touches)

2qlr9n7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom