• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Goodbye City-Link, hello DHL

Associate
Ive also had the countless phantom City Link deliveries, you know the ones where you stay in all day and and nothing arrives, then you check the Job Number on their website and it says Returned back to delivery branch because no one was at the premises etc etc. I can think of a word that rhymes with City, which would be a more apt name for them :D.

Last edited:
Soldato
i hate late or slow deliveries with city link, had my 1st DHL delivery last week with an OcUK order and no complaints, it arrived about 11am, I was at work do didn't see the driver.

Associate
i never had a problem wtih City-Link but on my first order with DHL there was a big problem, i picked the before noon service and it got to around 1pm with still no sign of my order. i phoned DHL and they told me that it had been left with a neighbour as i was out at the time of delivery... i couldnt have been out because i was sitting in my livingroom from about 8am waiting for it to arrive and the time they claimed to have tried was 9:46am

another problem was that my road is in 2 parts with a main road running through the middle, so to them a neighbour can be someone who lives 50+ meters away :rolleyes:

anyway to top it all off when i went to the house they told me it was at to collect it a DHL van pulled up and the driver asked if i was from number 200 (my house) apologised for the cockup & explained that it hadnt even been sent to my road :mad:
he had taken it to another road by mistake & only realised when the guy who i spoke with on the phone had got on to him about it

not only that but he let me just take the £250+ order from the street on my word that i was from a house 50 meters away.. i didnt even have to sign for it, he just handed me the box and drove off

im just glad i happened to be nocking at the door when he decided to come back because any passing chav could have had it from him

it has seriously made me worry about ordering again

Last edited:
Soldato
a shame to see city link go - onyl because I have so many items sent ot me I know the driver and I have his mobile anyway..

Back
Top Bottom