Google assistant command

Associate
As people will be receiving their pixels today, got my Xl waiting for me at home, I thought it would be useful to have a thread where we can share useful voice commands on Google assistant. E.g how to phrase things for certain actions.

I wonder if you can add stuff to Google keep via assistant, it didn't work for my through Allo on non pixel yesterday.

Associate
OP
My phone is encrypted so I have to have a PIN on for security. When the phone is locked 'ok google' doesn't work unless I am connected to a Bluetooth headset. I. Pretty sure when I have an unlock pattern as security the 'ok google' worked. Is this correct?

On another note, I changed my language settings from the default of English- American to English UK and the 'ok google' detection seems much better.

Associate
OP
Nope, encryption has been forced since the N6 and it works fine with that. Go to the Google settings and make sure under "Ok Google" detection, always on is enabled.

My Ok Google detection is always on.

Edit: my email account on Gmail has restricted some lock screen functions. Might be that. I'll try remove that email account and see if it works.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just found out something really interesting via the Pixel support chat.

So my Pixel from EE defaulted as English - American as the language setting. With this on I had Google assistant settings for 'news, my day, shopping list.

I decided to change language to English - UK, with this setting Pixel picked up my English accent of 'ok Google' so much easier, I deleted English - American. However after deleting American it took away the 'news, my day and shopping list' options! I couldn't work out why so I used the support, they said this option is only available in America.

So I have turned back to English - American and the options reappeared....

Back
Top Bottom