Google Begins Testing Its Augmented-Reality Glasses

Man of Honour
I'd wear it.

As far as wearable computing goes that looks pretty sleek.

Other companies are working on woven computers, batteries and data lines. Meaning your clothes can become full computers. Combine that with the contacts and you wouldn't even notice it. You can even have keyboards woven into your clothes.

Soldato
OP
Of course they're going to have it patented! Why wouldn't they patent it?

They might not patent it for ethical reasons, even if they can do it they might not so they can allow other companies to develop it as well.
Other companies have done similar things in the past, intel opened funded research centres that have a clause that all products released are without patents & are open source.

Man of Honour
There would be few patents as it's mostly based on existing technology. Even eye control allready exists. Also any patent needed for the Market to work would be a FRAND patent. Meaning they are forced to license it out at a reasonable cost.

Soldato
OP
Wouldn't this also get rid of televisions and screens? Will be very interesting to see what comes of this, I think that google might be a major software player and samsung etc will partner with them.

Soldato
What they conveniently failed to show you in the video is the ads that popup right in your centre field of vision every 5 minutes.

Oh, and the fact it constantly tracks your exact location at all times, data which Google happily gives to large corporations and governments, for a small fee.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I wouldn't think so, the display would be opaque so you can see through it. As well as comfort and social aspects. Also resolution, colour saturation etc.

Soldato
I hate to break it to you... :p

This is why the contact lens technology is so intriguing - it would open up more markets.

cold.gif

:p I definitely agree with the likes of contact lens technology - That's the sort of real-world-usage that's really interesting :)

Back
Top Bottom