Google 'Find My' Network

Soldato
Soldato
Hi all,

As has been advertised about there is now an equivalent google 'find my' network like Apple has it's own for airtags etc. However, on my Samsung phone, it seems this still has not been enabeld despite the 'rollout' happening starting from May. Anyone have any ideas when this will be up and running?

Cheers

Hi all,

As has been advertised about there is now an equivalent google 'find my' network like Apple has it's own for airtags etc. However, on my Samsung phone, it seems this still has not been enabeld despite the 'rollout' happening starting from May. Anyone have any ideas when this will be up and running?

Cheers

Does any device even use this yet?

Id love some tags like apples versions.

On the other hand, someone did a test of Pebblebee against Apple: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1dwpekk/concluded_i_put_a_pebblebee_tracker_and_an_apple/

It's not perfect as the default mode seems to be high traffic areas only, so if they're in a fairly rural area the tags won't trigger and report their current location, unless it's your own device picking them up. I guess they did this as a privacy measure to prevent stalking usages. Google still needs to do a fair bit of work to get it to Apple level from the looks of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: KIA
On the other hand, someone did a test of Pebblebee against Apple: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1dwpekk/concluded_i_put_a_pebblebee_tracker_and_an_apple/

It's not perfect as the default mode seems to be high traffic areas only, so if they're in a fairly rural area the tags won't trigger and report their current location, unless it's your own device picking them up. I guess they did this as a privacy measure to prevent stalking usages. Google still needs to do a fair bit of work to get it to Apple level from the looks of it.
This is not using the Find My network it seems, only Pebblebee's own network which is going to be useless vs all of the Android devices in the world

Are you sure? From what the OP of that thread was mentioning, they were using Google's Find My Device network with their Pebblebee tacker.
True, missed that over a quick glance. Seems the rollout has been crap, why they couldn't just switch it on worldwide is annoying

Got an email saying the Find My Device network is coming soon, and that within three days I should receive a notification when it's turned on for my account. Anyone else receive this as well, or is it the typical slow Google rollout?

Got an email saying the Find My Device network is coming soon, and that within three days I should receive a notification when it's turned on for my account. Anyone else receive this as well, or is it the typical slow Google rollout?
I got the same reply a couple of days ago and still nothing on my pixel 7a so most likely the usual Google "its done when its done"

Got the notification today that it's now enabled. Immediately went into the settings and changed "Find your offline devices" to "With network in all areas". Hopefully it should work better here in the UK compared to the US since there's more Android users, although the default still being high traffic areas only still holds it back.

Back
Top Bottom