Google Mobility Issues

Associate
Hi chaps

I registered my humble homepage with Google a few weeks back and fed it a site map.

Today I received an automated email informing me of Mobility Issues.

Basically it thinks my site is poop on a mobile device, the issues are:

Small font size

Touch elements too close

Viewport not configured

I'm not overly worried about it but was wondering whether you have a parallel site or whether you just dumb down a standard page for phones etc.

Cheers

Warren

Soldato
Maybe try rebuilding the site with Bootstrap?

I've not used it myself but a few friends swear by it.

You could use code to distinguish the type of browser and redirect I suppose, not sure how well that would work with content updating etc though.

Soldato
I'm not overly worried about it but was wondering whether you have a parallel site or whether you just dumb down a standard page for phones etc.

You'd have to have a damn good reason to build a parallel site nowadays. It's all about responsive design, taking one site and adapting it for different devices. I wouldn't call it dumbing down though, good mobile design is a particularly useful skill considering the audience numbers.

Those issues sound easy to fix with a HTML tweak and a few CSS additions.

Associate
OP
Cheers chaps

I was unaware of Bootstrap but have found it on the W3C tutorials page, I'll have a good read and give it a whirl.

There isn't much to see on my site but I do get genuine enquiries from the contact form so people do visit it.

Back
Top Bottom