Google Nest/WiFi - Better than powerline?

Associate
Currently using powerline adaptors to run my gaming PC. I get about 40Mbps download 6Mbps upload at best using this method (over 100Mbps over Wifi next to current router).

My PC doesn't have WiFi, so considering running two Google Nests (aware the Nest points don't have ethernet)/Google WiFi Mesh points instead as someone said I'd get better speeds/reliability this way over my powerline adaptors?

Any comments/insight? I need WiFi for the downstairs rooms in the flat anyways, but wondering if this may also be an upgrade for my gaming connection.

Mine was a disaster. Communication between the units was poor even though they weren’t that far apart and I was worse off with what I had before. Replaced the lot last year with a RAX 200 and haven’t looked back. For my house I’m better off with WiFi 6 over that setup.

Mine was a disaster. Communication between the units was poor even though they weren’t that far apart and I was worse off with what I had before. Replaced the lot last year with a RAX 200 and haven’t looked back. For my house I’m better off with WiFi 6 over that setup.

Very interesting to hear this - hadn't seen many examples of poor comms between units. Wonder if that's because most the reviews are US based where the walls are all dry wall, not solid like it is here in the UK. I've not heard of RAX but I'll look into it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Back
Top Bottom