Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
Anyone got a 6a? Thinking of going with the deal the popular high street chain are running with the extra cashback & free nest hub etc.

Would work out around £200 after trading in my 4a - not sure if it's worth it so close to the 7 announcement...

Soldato
My RMA has been approved/accepted now that they've received the handset. There was a few hours between the email saying they had received the phone and the email saying the repair had been confirmed as approved. It doesn't seem like enough time for an actual physical test and inspection, so I can only assume they're doing some kind of swap policy.

When organising the RMA I had checked the option for "phone call problem" and the inspection update states "power problem" - as there was no issue with the handset powering on, I can only assume they ticked a box at random.

For further info, I can confirm that the warranty on these phones is 2 years. :)

Soldato
My RMA has been approved/accepted now that they've received the handset. There was a few hours between the email saying they had received the phone and the email saying the repair had been confirmed as approved. It doesn't seem like enough time for an actual physical test and inspection, so I can only assume they're doing some kind of swap policy.

When organising the RMA I had checked the option for "phone call problem" and the inspection update states "power problem" - as there was no issue with the handset powering on, I can only assume they ticked a box at random.

For further info, I can confirm that the warranty on these phones is 2 years. :)

Hopefully you end up with a new handset.

I've now had a full refund for my 6 Pro and won't even consider a 7 Pro before I've seen user reviews.

Associate
My wife dropped her Pixel 6 and it smashed the screen now I can't get the pictures off it, plugging it in requires you to press transfer pictures and I can't see anything on the screen. I tried enable TalkBack but it needs the phone to be unlocked but I can't do that either.

I'm not sure if the screen is even responding.

Soldato
My wife dropped her Pixel 6 and it smashed the screen now I can't get the pictures off it, plugging it in requires you to press transfer pictures and I can't see anything on the screen. I tried enable TalkBack but it needs the phone to be unlocked but I can't do that either.

I'm not sure if the screen is even responding.
If she had Google Photos backup enabled, can she find them here?: https://photos.google.com/

Associate
No she doesn't like cloud storage, doesn't want children's pics in the "cloud" :rolleyes:

It's very annoying you can't get to any of the data without a screen, she didn't have usb debugging mode enabled either

Last edited:
Soldato
Had mine about 11 months now, just on chat to google about the signal issues, they have offered me £85 and they say their engineers are aware of the issues.

Im like they havent fixed it in 11 months, most people know its the hardware and not fixable.

Soldato
There's no doubt the modem is a little on the weak side. Only really an issue when in areas of poor signal. Hasn't really affected me personally. But I can see for some it would be a deal-breaker.

Ive been in a few places, the girlfriend has got 2 bars of signal, pixel 3, i cant get on the network, same provider, very frustrating.

Ive gone for a replacement, think ive made the wrong choice, should have taken the £85 store credit.

He did say they are working on a fix, we all know its hardware related, 11 months on, no fix, think i might just sell the replacement.

Last edited:
Soldato
My signal was so bad late last year with that update that the phone was unusable and I ended up getting £100 Google store credit. It was fine after the fix but seems to have been noticeably worse recently. Has one of the last few updates changed something ? Pretty annoying

Last edited:
Soldato
My signal was so bad late last year with that update that the phone was unusable and I ended up getting £100 Google store credit. It was fine after the fix but seems to have been noticeably worse recently. Has one of the last few updates changed something ? Pretty annoying
The modem is definitely weakest link on this phone. Its an embarrassment.

Associate
There's seems to be inconsistency with this, I'm not sure if it's worth the risk though as it's more than I'd spend on a good spec graphics card!

Back
Top Bottom