Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I've looked for the 8.8 apk but having no luck with a working install.

Does your wireless charging not work at all?
Yes, it's completely dead. Already tried safe boot/second profile/turning off adaptive charging/uninstall Pixel stand updates/disable Pixel stand/etc but nothing. There's two wireless charging bugs floating about for both the 6 and 7 series, either it's slow wireless charging which the above solutions can usually help solve or at least improve, or in my case where it seems to be completely dead which also affects battery share where you can't enable it. A few others with the same symptoms had to RMA for a replacement but noticed a couple of Reddit threads where the replacement started having the same issue couple months after.

Soldato
It's extremely random when it happens. Saw a few people getting either of the two bugs as soon A13 came out, but mine didn't start until a week after the Jan patch. Others have been so far lucky at all with it working fine. Pixel 4 also affected but mostly seems to be the slow charging bug instead of the completely dead one.

Soldato
dropped my pixel6 at work today, concrete floor.. phone dies on me as I see...
top of screen not working, gets more colours with time...like pen ink spreading ....

insurance is £200 of excess...not sure what to do :(

Contract ends in October :/

old s10+ is on charge...

Soldato
20230420-205328.jpg

Associate
Did a couple of Facebook live posts of live bands at the weekend and the audio was dreadful. Sounded as if it was increasing and decreasing in volume and was also very muffled. Tried just videoing and then posting it and this worked fine, sound quality was good.
Thought it may be to do with a poor mobile data signal lowering the quality but tried it at home where i have 300 meg broadband and the same thing happened.
Have loads of previous Facebook live posts where there was no issue with the sound quality.
Tried turning off the sound enhancement and noise reduction in Facebook and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but still have same issue.
Has anyone experienced the same problem and if so, any suggestions.
Thank you.

Soldato
Did a couple of Facebook live posts of live bands at the weekend and the audio was dreadful. Sounded as if it was increasing and decreasing in volume and was also very muffled. Tried just videoing and then posting it and this worked fine, sound quality was good.
Thought it may be to do with a poor mobile data signal lowering the quality but tried it at home where i have 300 meg broadband and the same thing happened.
Have loads of previous Facebook live posts where there was no issue with the sound quality.
Tried turning off the sound enhancement and noise reduction in Facebook and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but still have same issue.
Has anyone experienced the same problem and if so, any suggestions.
Thank you.
I haven't had issues with other apps (mostly live streaming via Discord), sounds like a Facebook problem. I don't have the app installed but is there maybe hidden settings for their live posts?

Soldato
Soldato
Weird, mine still says a time estimate.

Using an alternative battery quick tile that shows percentage and also brings back the long press to battery settings instead of just battery saver: https://apt.izzysoft.de/fdroid/index/apk/com.cominatyou.batterytile
The estimate came back so I disabled device health services. Not sure what other things it impacts, will keep an eye on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom