Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
No.
I got the 6 Pro on release day & used it until I got the galaxy S22 Ultra & haven't used it since.

I don't think Pixels are all that anymore. My S22 Ultra does way more & gets regular updates too.

I'll keep the 6 Pro but have no interest in the 7 Pro at all.
I echo opposite.

Ditched the S22U for the 6 Pro and wouldn't go back.

Ditched the 6 Pro for a Fold 4.

Associate
OP
5490-F124-7798-453-C-9-E14-5568-B561-AC49.jpg

Soldato
Are there secure and insecure variants of face unlock?

Edit: is it to do with one being a camera that matches even 2D images (ie photos) to your face, while the other is laser beams scanning your bone structure?

Last edited:
Soldato
Are there secure and insecure variants of face unlock?

Edit: is it to do with one being a camera that matches even 2D images (ie photos) to your face, while the other is laser beams scanning your bone structure?
Yes you have the iPhone/Huawei/Pixel 4 style secure unlock for banks etc with a big notch.

Then your more basic Samsung and many other OEMs that just use the front facing camera scan.

Soldato
Ah that watch battery life sucks. I've also been spoiled with the GT2 in terms of what to expect. It's been a few days since I last charged it and it's currently on 74%.

24 hour... Ugh. I guess it doesn't do sleep tracking then?

Man of Honour
24 hour... Ugh. I guess it doesn't do sleep tracking then?
It will do but you've just got to find a time to stick it on charge in the day. This was one of the reasons I went with the Galaxy watch 5 pro, the battery gets about 2-3 days which means there's always enough juice if I drop it on to charge when I'm in the shower or something for it to live through the night.

Soldato
It will do but you've just got to find a time to stick it on charge in the day. This was one of the reasons I went with the Galaxy watch 5 pro, the battery gets about 2-3 days which means there's always enough juice if I drop it on to charge when I'm in the shower or something for it to live through the night.
2-3 days isn't bad. I'll have to look that one up - is it Wear OS? Hopefully there aren't any wasted features. The draw to Google Watch for me is that it would go really well with the Pixel 7 Pro and not have wasted apps/bloatware/incompatibilities.

Associate
I hope the Pixel Watch will support older models lie everything else on WearOS. I have a Pixel 2 and to be honest 90% of what I do could be done with a Watch, I hope the 2 will work together!

Associate
Never got into the pixel hype really
Maybe I'm too stuck with samsung lol or just a tight git haha

Saying that though if the prices for the watch are true, wayy to highhh

Man of Honour
2-3 days isn't bad. I'll have to look that one up - is it Wear OS? Hopefully there aren't any wasted features. The draw to Google Watch for me is that it would go really well with the Pixel 7 Pro and not have wasted apps/bloatware/incompatibilities.
Yep Wear OS. The only drawback to running it on a non Samsung phone is you lose blood pressure measuring I think.

Back
Top Bottom