Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
OP
I've got no issues with anyone saying they won't buy the watch because it isn't aesthetically pleasing to them and I guess Google will have no-one else bar themselves to blame when the lack of sales on the thing will have them stop producing any further iterations.

It was such a home run - round watch, thin bezels.

Sigh...

Associate
OP
Looking like it’s £849 with the Pixel Watch thrown in.

1-AD6-DBE2-A7-D3-4-B16-8-BC7-907999-F88-C0-D.jpg

6327-E9-DA-875-E-4-B54-B244-B38-A62-C61-AC6.jpg

C28-C03-DB-0774-412-A-9337-6-D8-C19-E96005.jpg

E6-D80841-EBF3-4530-A16-E-2165-F4720-C64.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I’m not sure if the fact that they’re giving the watch as a freebie is a good deal or it’s essentially saying it’s not worth a dime if they’re willing to give it away for free…

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I’m not sure if the fact that they’re giving the watch as a freebie is a good deal or it’s essentially saying it’s not worth a dime if they’re willing to give it away for free…

I wouldn't count on it being a slick and polished device, knowing Google they will have cut corners somewhere.

Associate
OP
I wouldn't count on it being a slick and polished device, knowing Google they will have cut corners somewhere.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking as well.

Like that’s not me saying that I don’t want the watch to succeed-we need viable competitors to the Apple Watch, but you don’t see Apple saying “Buy an 14 Pro, get a Series 8 for free” do you…

Just doesn’t fill me with confidence. But then again, it took until the Series 3 for Apple to get going with their watches so hopefully if they stick with it they can get to that point as well.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking as well.

Like that’s not me saying that I don’t want the watch to succeed-we need viable competitors to the Apple Watch, but you don’t see Apple saying “Buy an 14 Pro, get a Series 8 for free” do you…

Just doesn’t fill me with confidence. But then again, it took until the Series 3 for Apple to get going with their watches so hopefully if they stick with it they can get to that point as well.

The 6 Pro was £649 discounted which to me is the true price that I think people would happily pay. So £849 for Google has a enough margin to give away a watch that is probably closer to £200 when discounted.

Man of Honour
Or they're trying to get people to buy back into the Wear OS ecosystem and what better way to build a big user base quickly and cheaply.

Based on previous Google attempts at anything new you're probably closer to the mark, but you never know :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom