Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
ODuffer.

Also just ordered the LTE watch and am on Virgin (uses O2 these days I think).

So i'm not going to be able to use the watch until I change carrier to EE or Vodaphone??? Bummer.

Will it default back to Bluetooth, or is that not on the LTE variant do you know?

Thanks

Associate
ODuffer.

Also just ordered the LTE watch and am on Virgin (uses O2 these days I think).

So i'm not going to be able to use the watch until I change carrier to EE or Vodaphone??? Bummer.

Will it default back to Bluetooth, or is that not on the LTE variant do you know?

Thanks
LTE version also has BT and Wifi, so you are still good. :)

Man of Honour
I watched the announcement but focused squarely on the camera features. Is it just me or did their samples shown look low quality? I expected the computational photography bump to be a generation above last year but it seemed not, and they talked heavily about how the computed zoom levels are supposed to be much better thanks to the new G2 chip.

I did a quick test with the S22 Ultra, 1x, 10x, 30x, 60x and the results are sharper and more defined details than the blurry samples shown on the Google stream.

Why only 256GB as max still???

I still would like to try a Pixel one year, but if they keep releasing mediocre specs/features then there's no hope in that happening.

Last edited:
Soldato
Man of Honour
Why so defensive, nothing I have said is innacurate, it is an observation each time I think I might be able to get one finally but then the results don't match the price/spec.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I watched the announcement but focused squarely on the camera features. Is it just me or did their samples shown look low quality? I expected the computational photography bump to be a generation above last year but it seemed not, and they talked heavily about how the computed zoom levels are supposed to be much better thanks to the new G2 chip.

I did a quick test with the S22 Ultra, 1x, 10x, 30x, 60x and the results are sharper and more defined details than the blurry samples shown on the Google stream.

Why only 256GB as max still???

I still would like to try a Pixel one year, but if they keep releasing mediocre specs/features then there's no hope in that happening.
lol you can’t use the photos in the compressed video presentation to base your comparison on. Just wait until there are proper tests next week.

Man of Honour
lol you can’t use the photos in the compressed video presentation to base your comparison on. Just wait until there are proper tests next week.
I did consider this but the 1080p stream you can see the guy presenting is high detailed as you expect for a 1080p stream but the samples shown on the display behind him are not as detailed as him or the stage which has sharp lines and texture to base a comparison off.

Let's see some reviews I guess yeah.

Soldato
Why so defensive, nothing I have said is innacurate, it is an observation each time I think I might be able to get one finally but then the results don't match the price/spec.
It's a phone that costs significantly less. It's more comparable price wise with a regular S22.

It'd be a bloody cheek from Samsung if the S22U camera wasn't noticeably better.

Man of Honour
It's a phone that costs significantly less. It's more comparable price wise with a regular S22.

It'd be a bloody cheek from Samsung if the S22U camera wasn't noticeably better.
Yep I agree with that fully, although the 256GB S22 base is slightly cheaperwhilst the zoom quality is not too far behind the Ultra across the S22 range since the cameras got updated a couple months after release. Still, a much smaller phone the regular S22, not sure if most folks can get used to a small phone again after what we've all been used to lol.

Soldato
Yep I agree with that fully, although the 256GB S22 base is slightly cheaperwhilst the zoom quality is not too far behind the Ultra across the S22 range since the cameras got updated a couple months after release. Still, a much smaller phone the regular S22, not sure if most folks can get used to a small phone again after what we've all been used to lol.
There's always the S22+ if you want the featureset of an S22 with a bigger screen but then you're looking at a £100 list price premium for the 128GB S22+ over the 7Pro.

I don't think Google are ever likely to take aim at proper flagships like the S22U or 14ProMax with the Pixel range.

Back
Top Bottom