Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
Trying to install the Amazon App store, but get an error stating "App not installed as it isnt compatible with your device"? Any ideas why, or potential workaround?

Thanks

Associate
Signal performance looks pretty similar between my Poco F3 and Pixel 7 Pro.

mhnFTP6l.jpg

Must admit, I hate how the screen feels. It's like a toy, so hallow and weird. Feels like if I press too hard it's going to crack.

Last edited:
Soldato
My opinion less than a day in:

Phone (Pixel 7 Pro): It's alright. An improvement over my old phone for sure (Mate 20 Pro) but not enough to make me excited. The faff I'm having logging into apps and setting them up again isn't helping, although the phone can't be blamed for that. I didn't think I'd say this but it's probably too big. I often find I'm using my phone one-handed and this handset is at high risk of being dropped in that case.
It's going to take some getting used to. I'm glad to be away from Huawei but I expected more of an intuitive experience with a Pixel phone. Maybe the features are there and I just need to learn them and get used to them.

Pixel Watch: The battery life is too much of a drawback to make the extra features worth it. I have it on now, it feels fine and looks fine. It isn't as reactive to showing the time with a wrist-flick than the Huawei GT2. I might try and send it back for exchange with Pixel Buds. Either that or it'll be going cheap on MM/eBay or whatever. I just can't face charging the watch every day when my old watch lasts weeks and does everything the same except contactless payments.

Associate
OP
My opinion less than a day in:

Phone (Pixel 7 Pro): It's alright. An improvement over my old phone for sure (Mate 20 Pro) but not enough to make me excited. The faff I'm having logging into apps and setting them up again isn't helping, although the phone can't be blamed for that. I didn't think I'd say this but it's probably too big. I often find I'm using my phone one-handed and this handset is at high risk of being dropped in that case.
It's going to take some getting used to. I'm glad to be away from Huawei but I expected more of an intuitive experience with a Pixel phone. Maybe the features are there and I just need to learn them and get used to them.

Pixel Watch: The battery life is too much of a drawback to make the extra features worth it. I have it on now, it feels fine and looks fine. It isn't as reactive to showing the time with a wrist-flick than the Huawei GT2. I might try and send it back for exchange with Pixel Buds. Either that or it'll be going cheap on MM/eBay or whatever. I just can't face charging the watch every day when my old watch lasts weeks and does everything the same except contactless payments.
I think if you're used to the nightly charge routine then it's not that much of a big deal. But as you say, if you don't have to charge it for weeks at a time (sounds crazy) then I can see why it would be a disappointment.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone noticed "janky" scrolling?

like see this video (link time stamped):

The janky scrolling on that timestamp was on the S22 ultra not the pixel 7 pro :confused:

Soldato
I think if you're used to the nightly charge routine then it's not that much of a big deal. But as you say, if you don't have to charge it for weeks at a time (sounds crazy) then I can see why it would be a disappointment.
It's not crazy at all. I use a TicWatch 3 Pro GPS and get about 2 weeks battery.
It also uses WearOS and has contactless pay support so there's no way I'd ever consider a watch that doesnt even last a day

Associate
This is my first smartwatch. Ive had it on my wrist since 06:00 this morning. Really not used it much and it's already down to 65% battery. Doesnt seem great, and cant see how it's even going to last until tonight?

Soldato
This is my first smartwatch. Ive had it on my wrist since 06:00 this morning. Really not used it much and it's already down to 65% battery. Doesnt seem great, and cant see how it's even going to last until tonight?
Ugh... That's shocking. Explains why they are being given away for free...

Soldato
I dunno, this dude used his all day walking around London and still. Loads of juice left.

It it didn't last a normal day than Google wouldn't have released it, just bad press.

Yeah was thinking the same. I'm actually looking forward to getting mine but it HAS to go for 24hours between charges else it's a bit pointless imo
*Edit* he didn't have the AoD turned on... Be interesting to see how it fares with it on

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom