Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
Sorry I haven't looked at all 42 pages but has anyone gone with the carphone warehouse deal on Vodafone?
Got my pixel 7 pro yesterday but it didn't arrive with the watch that was meant to be part of the deal. Also the phone I'm recycling ( LG G5) that was used as an alarm clock for £150 back didn't have anything sent to send it back in? Anyone else know what's going on?
Anyway it arrived while I was at work so didn't get to really look at it until this morning as I'm on late shifts this week. Feels nice. Got a case this morning as well but screen protector didn't arrive. Hopefully while I'm at work this afternoon/evening. Got my PAC code from BT but unfortunately my new number won't change over until Monday. So I'm going to continue with my Poco F2 pro and BT sim until change over.

Associate
Sorry I haven't looked at all 42 pages but has anyone gone with the carphone warehouse deal on Vodafone?
Got my pixel 7 pro yesterday but it didn't arrive with the watch that was meant to be part of the deal. Also the phone I'm recycling ( LG G5) that was used as an alarm clock for £150 back didn't have anything sent to send it back in? Anyone else know what's going on?
Anyway it arrived while I was at work so didn't get to really look at it until this morning as I'm on late shifts this week. Feels nice. Got a case this morning as well but screen protector didn't arrive. Hopefully while I'm at work this afternoon/evening. Got my PAC code from BT but unfortunately my new number won't change over until Monday. So I'm going to continue with my Poco F2 pro and BT sim until change over.
With CPW, you have to apply for the free gift, it does not come as standard.
You are on a time limit so get to it. Contact CPW who should give further info.

Associate
Cheers, they don't give you much info on how to claim when buying. I know it's plastered everywhere when buying that you get the watch but would have thought they would email how to do it as part of the deal.

Associate
Ha, just looked into it. I can't claim it until the 1st November and have until 30th November to claim it. That's fine as I don't need the watch and will just sell it. I'm happy with the watch I have.
Just out of interest, will my Poco F2 pro charger give the quickest charge for the pixel 7 pro? I think it's a 30w charger. I know it's quick charge 4 but that's for Snapdragon. Not sure if it makes any difference.

Associate
My Pixel 7 Pro arrived a few hours ago, just been updating it and comparing it to my current S21 ultra, not a lot in it size wise.

Just waiting for update to apply/charge battery. Will do further side by side comparisons, photos etc. It's a tough ask for the pixel as I really do like the S21, it's been a solid phone.

Initial first impressions are good so far.

20221014-133250.jpg

DSC6862.jpg

DSC6863.jpg

Associate
Could somebody help me please. WhatsApp messages come through to the watch 50/50. If somebody whatapp calls that doesn't set the watch off. Also the alarm clock set on my phone doesn't then go off on my watch. Any ideas?

Soldato
I had a play with the 7 pro and watch in a store.

I found the watch to be quite small personally but it does what you’d expect a smart watch to do without lag as well which was great.

The phone I found it to be a bit larger than I expected in terms of length. However it does look a solid product, sadly not for me.

Soldato
To be honest, the Poco F3 isn't far behind at all in terms of performance, side by side the Pixel is only a smidge quicker - Blink and you'd miss it. Hardware wise the Poco is punching way above its price point.

Camera is significantly better on the Pixel and it's nice to have IP68 and wireless charging back.

The main reason for me switching was a lack of software support and questionable security on the Poco. I've disabled all the bloat and ads but I don't particularly trust MIUI and the device. May just me being paranoid over Chinese telemetry (I'm certain Google are no better) but hey ho. I'm not into faffing with custom ROMs anymore either. I've also had a couple of software bugs for the last 6 months that I'm pretty sure will never be fixed, since Xiaomi/Poco are churning out new devices out every few months.

I order an iPhone 13 pro a couple of weeks ago as it was a decent price and I've never had an Apple device.

Must admit, with the exception of the better build quality and superior camera, I preferred the Poco. :o

Alongside the iPhone, I thought the display on the Poco was great (thanks to 120Hz) and the Poco still felt quick and responsive in operation. I have debloated my Poco which probably helps.

I think what I'm getting at is a £200 phone like the Poco really does punch above its weight and makes me seriously question whether spending £849 on a Pixel 7 Pro is going to be that much better. It was only a stop gap purchase because my Galaxy Note 9 died. I probably will though at some point, due to the unknown future of software and security updates.

Associate
I think what I'm getting at is a £200 phone like the Poco really does punch above its weight and makes me seriously question whether spending £849 on a Pixel 7 Pro is going to be that much better. It was only a stop gap purchase because my Galaxy Note 9 died. I probably will though at some point, due to the unknown future of software and security updates.

I essentially justified it because I'll be selling the Poco and most likely the watch, plus keeping the Pixel a reasonable amount of time (assuming it doesn't die on me), so cost wise it kinda made sense.

Agree though, if the Poco didn't come across slightly shady and offered better software support I'd likely have stuck with it.

Associate
This is more likely an Android question rather than a Pixel questions, but I find that notifications (for example gmail, sky breaking news or whatsapp) only come through when I turn on the phone.. If the phone has been idle for a while the notifications will not come through.. I have not restricted battery in any way for those apps.

Any suggestions?

Soldato
I charged my watch around 8pm Thursday night and after that set it up and let it do the updates etc. I slept with it on for the sleep tracking and this morning while I cycled to work I was constantly checking it to see my bpm and times etc, was showing it off at work and used it twice for Google Pay and used the Spotify app and other tinkering around with it, and going home I used the cycling exercise tracking and again was constantly checking it. I got home and spent 5mins looking over the cycling data and had 40% battery left. I don't use AoD, assuming that means always on display.

It easily lasts me a whole day. Yes I would love if it had two or 3 days of battery, but I have to charge to phone daily so it doesn't seem like a hardship to charge the watch daily.

Back
Top Bottom