Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Associate
Associate
No affiliation, but if you want a good screen protector kit for your Pixel 7 Pro I can recommend this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BG63SQ8R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Easy, even for a fool like me to apply and zero air bubbles. I cant even tell I have a screen protector on.
Thanks will order one. Was put off previously by the review that said there was loads of air bubbles. I've used LK before albeit tempered glass and they were fine.

I've done 2 trade-ins through Google now. The first I got a higher valuation than that estimated.

The second valuation was on par, so as long as you've described the handset right I don't think a lower valuation will be a problem. Got my Pixel 7 trade-in refund yesterday, so a quick turnaround! :)
Good to know it's less ominous than the terms make it sound, thanks.

Associate
Looks like my 5G connection is ok, although the upload is a little less than expected.

Screenshot-20221021-152636.png

Associate
I got 5Mbps when connecting to 5G in town - but thats pretty standard for o2 these days, 4G I normally get around 2-3.
I was on Virgin. They used to piggy back Vodaphone and life was OK. In June after Virgin had merged with O2 i was swapped from Vodaphone to O2. Good God, absolutely shocking performance - it was like having gone back in time 10 years. Anywhere I was lucky to get a couple of MB speed. Appalling.

This week changed to EE's cheapest (Essentials) package. Where I was lucky to get 3Mbps with Virgin/O2 I am now getting 100Mbps+.

I imagine customers will be leaving in their droves (and if they arent they should be).

Associate
This week changed to EE's cheapest (Essentials) package. Where I was lucky to get 3Mbps with Virgin/O2 I am now getting 100Mbps+.

I imagine customers will be leaving in their droves (and if they arent they should be).
Indeed.. I have already moved 3 Sims (other members of the family) from o2 to Plusnet (EE) and will look to move to EE myself in the new year when my contract is up.. I would like Wifi calling so will probably go EE rather than Plusnet, but we will see.. The rest of the family are happy on Plusnet.

Last edited:
Soldato
I took my watch off charge at around 10am today. It isn't set to AOD, just tilt to wake. I've checked notifications, looked at messages (including photos) and replied. Not massive use but what I consider a typical day. The battery is at 80%.

Associate
My Galaxy Watch 4 classic isn't playing nice with the 7 Pro, even with the 'Galaxy Wearable' app installed.

Just won't connect in the app, bluetooth showing as connected though. I bet I've missed a setting or check box somewhere.

Soldato
Soldato
Is there an easier way to screenshot with the P7 Pro than vol down and standby button? I was really spoiled with the Huawei knuckle gesture. That was beaut.

As a side point, I can't get used to the standby button not being the power button. Twice already I've held it in to get the turn off/restart menu, to be greeted by Google assistant. I thought I'd try voice commands since it popped up and said "restart device" and it starts blasting my Spotify :o

Associate
Is there an easier way to screenshot with the P7 Pro than vol down and standby button? I was really spoiled with the Huawei knuckle gesture. That was beaut.

As a side point, I can't get used to the standby button not being the power button. Twice already I've held it in to get the turn off/restart menu, to be greeted by Google assistant. I thought I'd try voice commands since it popped up and said "restart device" and it starts blasting my Spotify :o
Swipe up slowly on the screen you want and you'll see an option to screenshot

Soldato

Vol Up and standby button

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom