Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Soldato
Have bought my mum a pixel 7 which she's upgrading from a galaxy s7. The S7 has a micro usb port and the transfer cable that comes with the phone is C to C - will I just have to get a micro>c adapter or is there another way ?

Soldato
Have bought my mum a pixel 7 which she's upgrading from a galaxy s7. The S7 has a micro usb port and the transfer cable that comes with the phone is C to C - will I just have to get a micro>c adapter or is there another way ?
Use the adapter that came in the box. That's what it's for...

Associate
Is anyone having a issue with WiFi calling since the January update? My wifi calling wont come on now, ive toggled through the settings and rebooted. I pulled the sim out and put it back in and that worked for a short while but its back to not working again. I am on o2 and its all enabled on My o2.

Associate
I moaned a few pages back on this thread about how poor the fingerprint sensor seemed to be. Since I installed the January patch a few days ago its been a lot better. Probably 99% success now which is great.

Associate
So a honest opinion is this phone worth buying? Coming from a 12pro which has been faultless. But I just can’t justify the cost of the 14 pro.
Used Android from 2010 till 2019 my last being a S9 which had horrendous battery life.
Or pick up a S22U or wait for S23/plus.

Soldato
The Pixel 7 Pro is a really good handset @marcg868
It is quick, responsive, has a well-sized screen and the camera is good.
A launcher app will make the world of difference too. I bought Nova on recommendation in this thread.

While the build quality isn't as solid as my old handset (Mate 20 Pro), it is still really good and a decent case will help.

There are deals popping up too. I don't think there is better value for money at the moment.

Soldato
So a honest opinion is this phone worth buying? Coming from a 12pro which has been faultless. But I just can’t justify the cost of the 14 pro.
Used Android from 2010 till 2019 my last being a S9 which had horrendous battery life.
Or pick up a S22U or wait for S23/plus.

Pixel 7 Pro....I'd pick it over the iPhone 14 Pro even if they were the same price. That should tell you enough.

Soldato
The Pixel 7 Pro is a really good handset @marcg868
It is quick, responsive, has a well-sized screen and the camera is good.
A launcher app will make the world of difference too. I bought Nova on recommendation in this thread.

While the build quality isn't as solid as my old handset (Mate 20 Pro), it is still really good and a decent case will help.

There are deals popping up too. I don't think there is better value for money at the moment.

I had the Mate 20 Pro, I don't remember the build quality being better than the 7 pro. And haptics are way better on the 7p.

Soldato
I had the Mate 20 Pro, I don't remember the build quality being better than the 7 pro. And haptics are way better on the 7p.
I still have one of ours in the office and it feels much more solid. The screen especially feels harder and smoother, or "less sticky". It's a tight unit. My P7 Pro is great quality but just doesn't feel as tight and well put together as the Mate 20 Pro.
Then there are the issues we have seen in this thread - one that comes to mind is the bouncy clicky screen. Although mine doesn't have that issue, I can understand why some would, based on my understanding of my handset.

Soldato
I still have one of ours in the office and it feels much more solid. The screen especially feels harder and smoother, or "less sticky". It's a tight unit. My P7 Pro is great quality but just doesn't feel as tight and well put together as the Mate 20 Pro.
Then there are the issues we have seen in this thread - one that comes to mind is the bouncy clicky screen. Although mine doesn't have that issue, I can understand why some would, based on my understanding of my handset.
The mate 20 Pro was so bad I went through 4 units as it had terrible screen uniformity.

uc

Every phone has niggles. The pixel 7 series is pretty well sorted in all areas. The 6 was flakey.

Last edited:
Soldato
The mate 20 Pro was so bad I went through 4 units as it had terrible screen uniformity.

Every phone has niggles. The pixel 7 series is pretty well sorted in all areas. The 6 was flakey.
That's fair enough. There's a possibility the two Mate 20 Pro handsets we got were pearlers. I agree the P7 Pro is a really good handset.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi how is Pixel watch today after updates is it better of the same (battery) ? Still thinking buying for my wife.
I don't track walks or runs and don't use the watch for much more than sleep tracking, checking notifications and controlling music. Mine goes from 100% to 40% in 24 hours.

Soldato
Not 2 days but al least 1 full day and from Youtube reviews battery is weak point ot this watch.
100% down to 40% after 24 hours should count as lasting a full day surely?
Stick it on charge while you hop in the shower. It doesn't take long to max out from that point - maybe 20 minutes but I haven't timed it.

Back
Top Bottom