Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Well I've just tested in my car and it connected quicker and better than it ever has. they must have released that about an hour after my post :D

Associate
I do find that with Chrome on the phone, sometimes when you open it the page where the website contents will be unresponsive (although the actual Chrome menus still work) and I have to close and reopen then it will be fine.

Associate
Mine still fails to connect to my cars system (981 Boxster), update has made no difference. I have to manually do it from the phone, audio works fine all the time but its 50/50 if it allows a phone connection. Pixel 5 worked fine for the year I had them both. Every other Bluetooth device works as expected. Really, really annoying.

Soldato
The 33mb security update took nearly 2 hours to install last on my Pro. Is that normal?
On the Samsung I had previously it was a couple minutes and a restart.

It's a dual OS partition. You press install and forget about it.... On your next reboot it's completed.

I usually leave it when on the overnight charge.

Associate
How is signal reception on this phone?

Signal reception is fine on mine and so is connection to my Audi handsfree system, in fact it's very fast to connect. It's also got perfect lip sync if pushing movie audio through the speakers.

Probably the main annoyance is if on WiFi and I move out of range so it has to change to cellular it doesn't seem to go straight to 5G, but instead shows as being H+ and whilst a while back it was slow and struggling it now seems plenty fast (maybe updates sorted it), almost as if it is in 4G or 5G but just not displaying the symbol. If I tap aeroplane mode on and off it will show 5G at the top straight away. It's a bit weird.

Last edited:
Soldato
Signal reception is fine on mine and so is connection to my Audi handsfree system, in fact it's very fast to connect. It's also got perfect lip sync if pushing movie audio through the speakers.

Probably the main annoyance is if on WiFi and I move out of range so it has to change to cellular it doesn't seem to go straight to 5G, but instead shows as being H+ and whilst a while back it was slow and struggling it now seems plenty fast (maybe updates sorted it), almost as if it is in 4G or 5G but just not displaying the symbol. If I tap aeroplane mode on and off it will show 5G at the top straight away. It's a bit weird.
Yes it's annoying. Disable WiFi calling I'd you live/work in a good cellular signal area to alleviate this.

Associate
Bought the missus a Pixel 7 and I have to say, I am pretty impressed with the form factor. I wouldn't go down from my Pro but it's perfect for her and so far battery has been excellent even with her constant usage.

Associate
I received a Pixel 7 the other day, phone is decent, bit large for me to be fair but I will get use to it (came from a Pixel 5) but where is the Magic Eraser ? Any photo I try to use it on it doesn't appear in the "tools" menu when I edit the photo. All I have in tools is Portrait Light/Blur/Sky and Colour Focus. I fully updated the phone when I got it the other day

I wanted to try it but it just doesn't have the option?

EDIT - Ignore, for some reason I had to uninstall the google photo app and reinstall, even though it said it was up to date in google play..

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got a Pixel 7 Pro arriving tomorrow. Price had dropped and had some Christmas vouchers to use up.

Using a Poco F3 and whilst it's great for the price and got me out of a hole when previous phone died, updates are slow long term support is questionable.

Phones have got to a point where hardware wise for my usage, anything from the last 5 years is good for me. So it's all about software and security updates for me. The longer the better. I intend to keep the Pixel going for minimum of 3 years.

Soldato
Not Pixel directly, but watch and buds update. I decided to go for a run today and thought I'd try leaving my phone at home. I did it when I first got the watch and it was fine, but not since. Happy to report it was very simple and everything just worked as you would hope it would. About 5 mins before the run, I opened YT Music on the watch and selected the (new) playlist I wanted to listen to. When I opened my buds, they connected to my phone, but go to Connections on the watch, tap 'Connect' on the buds and I could hear them disconnect and reconnect. Selected 'Run' on the watch (in the Fitbit screen) and it said GPS was set almost instantly... hit 'Start', hit 'Play' and off I went! Not a single problem!

Not the most exciting story, but we hear so much about things not working, I thought I would just share a positive experience :cool:

Caporegime
Installed steam app on my 7 pro to chat with an old gamer friend and the phone ground to a halt and ultimately hard locked up. Multiple times.

There is something seriously wrong there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered a cheap £9 case.

It looks like a Spigen Rugged Armor case but the the camera visor is covered with cut outs for the various lenses, as opposed to a lot of other cases where the visor metal is exposed (heard is a bit of scratch magnet).

Back
Top Bottom