Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Soldato
Found it, change the animation duration scale to 0.5 but could also try changing all three below

developer options, scroll down to Window animation scale, Transition animation scale and Animator duration scale, changing all three to .0 5x

Thanks, yes , im going to try it next time it gets hot ish outside, ill probably have a pixel 8 pro or an iphone 15 before then though.

Soldato
I posted this in the P6 thread but figured others in the P7 thread may want to know (if you don't already)

Went to do a phonecall today (I know, wtf) and the "Hold For Me" and "Direct My Call" settings are now live on my phone under Assistive beside the Call Screening.

Seems Google has rolled this out in UK now

Screenshot-20230915-171208.png

Screenshot-20230915-171241.png

Screenshot-20230915-171248.png

Anyone else see them?

Last edited:
Soldato
My Pixel 7 Pro has recently developed, or I have recently noticed, a display flicker. It seems to me like a very slight backlight flicker.
It's mainly noticeable on dark backgrounds - such as the alternate style theme on this forum. If I fill over half the screen with the darker grey colour, I can see the slight flicker. It's quite slow, like resting heartbeat slow.

Has anyone here experienced the same issue? It's incredibly faint so if anyone wants to attempt to replicate the issue you're best trying it in low light/darkness, with screen brightness around 15% and a solid dark grey background on the handset.

Caporegime
I still use Microsoft messanger and for an update or 2 my pro 7 isnt remembering permissions to access the camera or stored images, even GIFs etc.

I have to go into app settings and toggle on and off... ask everytime doesn't ask me everytime.....

Worked flawlessly for months now a royal pita.

This phone is the best I've ever owned but borderline one of the most slightly annoying. :p

I seem to be blessed with annoyance.

Associate
Wonder if anyone can help ..
Pixel 7 pro

So earlier tried to install Lufthansa app through playstore as normal...it failed for whatever reason but worked on the second attempt.. but now the phone is constantly showing as Lufthansa downloading in the notifications, and another app won't open because it says play services are unavailable....

Rebooted phone, Lufthansa app download notification comes back
Force stopped playstore , it comes back
Uninstalled Lufthansa app,

Nothing seems to get rid of it and I really need to use the app that's now not working because of it

Soldato
My Pixel 7 Pro has recently developed, or I have recently noticed, a display flicker. It seems to me like a very slight backlight flicker.
It's mainly noticeable on dark backgrounds - such as the alternate style theme on this forum. If I fill over half the screen with the darker grey colour, I can see the slight flicker. It's quite slow, like resting heartbeat slow.

Has anyone here experienced the same issue? It's incredibly faint so if anyone wants to attempt to replicate the issue you're best trying it in low light/darkness, with screen brightness around 15% and a solid dark grey background on the handset.

Could someone please try to replicate this issue on their device? I haven't found the exact problem online but it's so subtle I'm wondering if there are a few people who have it but don't notice.
My wife's P7P doesn't do it.

It's simply:
Brightness at 15%
Fill the screen with dark grey - ie settings menu in dark mode.
If you see a faint pulsing/throbbing/flickering of the backlight then you have the same issue. If not, it's just my phone.

Back
Top Bottom