Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Haven't watched the event yet but sounds like it's basically everything we already knew. The real info we want to know will need to wait for the reviews it seems.

Basket.

10% back with Google One and 3.25% with top cashback.

pixel8.png

Associate
Such a shame that this is the state of 'new' releases now. Very little worth upgrading for if you have a 7 Pro. Struggling to see what hardware changes are worth having on the watch as well, same poor battery life, seems like that would be the first thing to fix on the second gen....Google have been very lazy this last year!

On the other hand though, it saves me money and FOMO :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Such a shame that this is the state of 'new' releases now. Very little worth upgrading for if you have a 7 Pro. Struggling to see what hardware changes are worth having on the watch as well, same poor battery life, seems like that would be the first thing to fix on the second gen....Google have been very lazy this last year!

On the other hand though, it saves me money and FOMO :D

Not really sure what your moan is. We have just reached a certain point in technology. It was the same for the iPhone event.

Not really sure you can call it lazy. Things have just got a bit more incremental rather than ground breaking.

Probably little point upgrading every year unless you are an enthusiast

Associate
7-year OS support is a huge statement of intent imo from Google. Maybe the Pixels won't lose as much money because of it (although might be wishful thinking!)

Associate
Yeah I'd like to see some proper reviews before pulling the trigger.

XkoPshs.png

This is mighty tempting though.

I think I'll hold on to see some camera comparisons

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
This is mighty tempting though.

The temptation is to jump on it but lets take a step back for a moment. We don't truly know how these devices will perform and that is the most important thing. We can't learn that from spec sheets and Google marketing.

I'm loving the Hazel colour on the Pixel 8 and the size but if the battery life is poor, it gets hot just doing day to day stuff and the modem/FPS is junk then I'm out.

Associate
The temptation is to jump on it but lets take a step back for a moment. We don't truly know how these devices will perform and that is the most important thing. We can't learn that from spec sheets and Google marketing.

I'm loving the Hazel colour on the Pixel 8 and the size but if the battery life is poor, it gets hot just doing day to day stuff and the modem/FPS is junk then I'm out.

Yeah this is the sensible approach.

I'm 60:40 between this and the iPhone at the moment. The camera on the 15 pro seems really good so I just need to wait for comparisons

Soldato
apart from 0-120hz screen diff, and wide 48mpix camera, any other differnces Ive missed between 8 and pro ?
pro looks big...but then that blue is nice...cant decide

Back
Top Bottom