Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
Hmmm seems a lot of money these, is it a big upgrade over pixel 6? Having a think but 1k for a pro is a bit spicy compared to my p6 previous price...

Is there a comparison in camera photos?
Well the 7 was an incremental improvement over the 6 and the 8 same over the 7. So you get the idea :p

I doubt I'll bother upgrading until the 10.

Last edited:
Soldato
Exactly what I ended up doing.

I went through the basket with Klarna, even saw the pre contract information or whatever it's called, then checked to see if mobile contract sellers had deals up already and saw the mobiles.co.uk and then the CPW one! (Both the same deal, but CPW via Quidco has more cashback)

My EE unlimited £20 (now £22.89 after April) 12 month SIM is about to end so a good time to move for me anyway.
Very happy to pay £7 or so more per month and £299 up front to get the Pixel 8 Pro 256GB!

Undecided whether I'll sell or keep the watch, currently have a Pixel Watch and can't imagine I'll get much selling it, though I got it on the bay not long after the Pixel 7 Pro launch for under £200, LTE too, though for me LTE is pointless.

Having seen other pictures of the Bay Blue, MKBHD's video too, I am happy with my choice of colour. The initial pictures made it look a little feminine.
I've just done the same, via quidco with the 100GB sim deal. Seems decent.

I'll be using the watch as my Fitbit has died a d unfortunately my pixel 6 died while accidentally swimming with in in Spain last week haha! (Was upgrading from the 6 to the 8 pro anyway but just lost the trade in value)

Associate
If 3/ID mobile wasn't so poor for me id be all over the above deal.

Think im going to go through Mobiles.co.uk and get their Vodafone offer of £505 up front and £26 a month for 100gb. With the funds from selling my 5, the watch, and cashback it should work out with an outlay of around £150-£175 and 24 months at £26

Soldato
via mobiles.co.uk
you can get
100GBData (5G) UnlimitedMinutes & Texts
Get Pixel Watch 2
£279.00Upfront Cost
£29.99Monthly Cost*
Total cost
over 2 years* £999.00

thats cheaper than mobile via shop LOL

thats for pro 256gb

and via topcashback £63

Last edited:
Soldato
Exactly what I ended up doing.

I went through the basket with Klarna, even saw the pre contract information or whatever it's called, then checked to see if mobile contract sellers had deals up already and saw the mobiles.co.uk and then the CPW one! (Both the same deal, but CPW via Quidco has more cashback)

My EE unlimited £20 (now £22.89 after April) 12 month SIM is about to end so a good time to move for me anyway.
Very happy to pay £7 or so more per month and £299 up front to get the Pixel 8 Pro 256GB!

Undecided whether I'll sell or keep the watch, currently have a Pixel Watch and can't imagine I'll get much selling it, though I got it on the bay not long after the Pixel 7 Pro launch for under £200, LTE too, though for me LTE is pointless.

Having seen other pictures of the Bay Blue, MKBHD's video too, I am happy with my choice of colour. The initial pictures made it look a little feminine.
My cash back has been tracked at £15, strange

Caporegime
via mobiles.co.uk
you can get
100GBData (5G) UnlimitedMinutes & Texts
Get Pixel Watch 2
£279.00Upfront Cost
£29.99Monthly Cost*
Total cost
over 2 years* £999.00

thats cheaper than mobile via shop LOL

thats for pro 256gb

and via topcashback £63

By time you add cashback, money back for the watch and takeaway the sim card cost (£10pm)

The phone works our at £430. Which makes it very appealing.

For the 128gb not the 256gb.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Impressively bad value for money. I bought a Xiaomi 13T Pro last week for an effective price of £330 which has better hardware than the Pixel 8 Pro.

The camera is more in line with the 13pro, not the T. The 13T pro is a bargain though, won't be when the free tablet deal stops running though.

Also it wasn't £330 unless you managed to sell the tablet for £300+?

Soldato
I've just ordered the P8 256Gb (non pro). Trade in with my P5, Google one 10% store credit and top cashback it comes in at around £490 with the pixel buds. Happy enough with that.

Associate
on paper it might, but you know real world and that.
Pretty good in the real world too.
plus China state phone good luck with you data :D
Because as we all know American phones definitely don't spy on you? :D

The camera is more in line with the 13pro, not the T. The 13T pro is a bargain though, won't be when the free tablet deal stops running though.

Also it wasn't £330 unless you managed to sell the tablet for £300+?
It was £610 total and the tablets go for £280-£300 on eBay. It just so happens that I was looking to buy a Pad 6 anyway though and probably would've bought one for about £340.

Soldato
I just checked out the P8P on the Google store, where I bought my P7P and I can't understand how they value the trade in at £347, that seems low for last years flagship, yet they offer £700 for the iPhone 14 Pro Max. I guess I won't be upgrading then.

Back
Top Bottom