Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
What sort of damage did you see from Spigen cases?

Thanks everyone for the input on the authenticator queries.
Id post some pics but can't remember how, I'm getting old now.

Around the camera surround, it was all scratched and the rear developed little scratches all over it.

Very poor

Last edited:
Associate
My caseology nanopop turned up today. Feels nice. Went for a boring black/grey combo.

I've only used Spigen for my previous 2 or 3 phones. This case feels softer than my rugged armour. I also noticed damage on my current phone (6) top corners the paint has chipped away. Phone has lived in it since I bought it so not sure how that happened.

Soldato
My caseology nanopop turned up today. Feels nice. Went for a boring black/grey combo.

I've only used Spigen for my previous 2 or 3 phones. This case feels softer than my rugged armour. I also noticed damage on my current phone (6) top corners the paint has chipped away. Phone has lived in it since I bought it so not sure how that happened.
I noticed it in my OP7T. I think it's dust/muck getting in-between the case and phone and rubbing off the paint.

Soldato
Hmm strange, I've not noticed damage from them on my Nexus 5X, P2 or current P5 (just checked) all had three years of usage with the same case.
Must have been fine bits of dirt getting in behind it somehow as you both have said.

Hmm strange, I've not noticed damage from them on my Nexus 5X, P2 or current P5 (just checked) all had three years of usage with the same case.
Must have been fine bits of dirt getting in behind it somehow as you both have said.
The p2 had that extra matt layer, which I think is similar to why my p5 has. I guess that is weaker than the shiny glass

Soldato
Went for an 8 Pro 256GB. I didn't buy a charger. I have plenty of 60W chargers from OnePlus but its a different charging standard isn't it? How fast will my 8 Pro charge on a OnePlus Warp charger? No more than 15W? Can I buy a third party charger that will charge my 8 Pro at 30W or do I need to buy Google's own one?

Associate
I've gone for a 8 Pro 256GB Bay, with a black watch. Ordered the bay coloured case & charger too.

Think I'll keep my Pixel 2 for now, not bothered about the trade in of thirty quid :)

Soldato
Soldato
Went for an 8 Pro 256GB. I didn't buy a charger. I have plenty of 60W chargers from OnePlus but its a different charging standard isn't it? How fast will my 8 Pro charge on a OnePlus Warp charger? No more than 15W? Can I buy a third party charger that will charge my 8 Pro at 30W or do I need to buy Google's own one?
You can buy any PPS charger

Associate
OP
For those who got the PW1 last year: I’m guessing you got the 6 month Fitbit Premium offer. Does that have to be redeemed immediately or can you do it at another time/date?

Soldato
I bought one of these for my Pixel 7 Pro:

Expensive, yes. But I've had mixed results with cheap cases in the past & last year decided I could stretch to something a bit higher end to protect an £850 phone. After almost a year of use, it's showing few signs of wear, and has successfully protected the phone during numerous drops. Probably my go-to from now on.

Magsafe is a nice touch too. Means I can use a magsafe car mount to charge my phone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom