Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato

This one.

On a side note, there appears to be some speculation that Google is using 3 different versions of G3 chips in the pro, standard 8 and 8a. I assume different bins of the G3 chip.

Copied the text from the post...

Seems like google split tensor G3 into 3 versions by different packaging:
G3 Lite iPoP { P 8a }Interposer Package on Package
G3 Fo-PLP { P 8 }Fan Out Panel Level Packaging
G3 Pro Fo-WLP { P8 Pro }Fan Out Wafer Level Packaging

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So with the 8/8 Pro now able to use face unlock with banking apps, do the banks themselves have to opt in for it to be used or will it let me use it as default?

Last edited:
Caporegime
CPW for me so I expect it this weekend really as best. Won't be in their warehouse until Thursday then they have to post it out.

Also cpw (well idmobile, but it's cpw really) and I'm pretty sure they send them out almost like drop shipping.

It's what happened with my pixel 6 anyway.

But yes, if I get it by Friday I'll be happily suprised. Not heard anything yet apart from the pre contract and money out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also cpw (well idmobile, but it's cpw really) and I'm pretty sure they send them out almost like drop shipping.

It's what happened with my pixel 6 anyway.

But yes, if I get it by Friday I'll be happily suprised. Not heard anything yet apart from the pre contract and money out.
Ah right I didn't know it was a "drop shipping" set up.

Their email says....

What happens next?

Once stock has arrived at our warehouse, we will dispatch your order as soon as possible.

That's what made me think it's going to them first.

Hopefully as you say, comes straight to us instead.

Soldato

Their email says....

What happens next?

Once stock has arrived at our warehouse, we will dispatch your order as soon as possible.

that would also explain why they will just alocate you watch randomly as what they have in stock...

Associate

Their email says....

What happens next?

Actually I just looked back, I pre-ordered my P7P with Currys last year (effectively same company as CPW) and it was delivered on Thursday the 13th Oct, which I believe was the same day as the Google orders landed. Only difference I can see is that was a sim free purchase and this time I've gone for a contract, not sure if that slows things down or not.

Back
Top Bottom