Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

I remember having same issue switching from old Samsung.
Try gestures and you will love them.
To the point when you grab other phone you will be swiping screen automatically;)

This, after a while it just makes so much sense. Stick with it for a few days.

Nice! Still nothing for me!

Hopefully the trend of the day continues and my updates follow yours lol

Mines in Wolverhampton, so looks like we'll have it today. Need to speak nicely to the boss to be go home for the hour slot :)

Last edited:
That could be font on screensaver rather than an issue
I mean if anyone is seeing the same thing then I'll leave it but seems a bit weird that it only happens in true dark/low light conditions...

The wallpaper is the default one so no issues of there being any hints of pink either.

Terrible to say I'm seriously considering returbing this just due to some Android niggles and the size of the damn phone.

Which is a shame as the camera is fantastic

I've noticed this this morning on the lockscreen, but then it disappears when you go to use the phone itself?

Tried to take a picture as best I could:

IMG-6636.jpg

It seems to be when the lockscreen is in low light/dark conditions that this happens as when it's on the lockscreen with light on it it appears like normal...
That is interesting. I've seen another person mention this on xda. This maybe a hardware issue I believe. Pink tint when on low brightness.

Is your a 256GB pro?

Mine hasn't got that and it was Facebook app that actually had a weired login screen.

Last edited:
What niggles are you experiencing?

I'm not a big phone person which is why I've gone for the regular 8.
Wait what? Tell me this isn't happening?
So the things I've ran into which I think are Android 14 / me problems rather than the phone per say.

1. Some random apps just don't work correctly, I can't login to PayPal with 2fa enabled
2. I find the scrolling no where near as smooth in the likes of YouTube as on my iPhone 13 pro (yes I have the 120hz option enabled)
3. The phone is a bit too big for me.

I'm going to stick with it for a few more days and make my mind up

So the things I've ran into which I think are Android 14 / me problems rather than the phone per say.

1. Some random apps just don't work correctly, I can't login to PayPal with 2fa enabled
2. I find the scrolling no where near as smooth in the likes of YouTube as on my iPhone 13 pro (yes I have the 120hz option enabled)
3. The phone is a bit too big for me.

I'm going to stick with it for a few more days and make my mind up
In developer options, I always set the window animation, Transition animation and animator duration scales to 0.5. Certainly makes everything feel much snappier.

So have I got a dud screen or is this just how the screen is going to be in that particular scenario?

EDIT: Its going back.

I've gone into the Photos app and there is certain flickering going on which my wife agreed was happening. So between that and the tint, I can't accept that.

Such a shame.

Last edited:
So have I got a dud screen or is this just how the screen is going to be in that particular scenario?

EDIT: Its going back.

I've gone into the Photos app and there is certain flickering going on which my wife agreed was happening. So between that and the tint, I can't accept that.

Such a shame.
Are you going to exchange it for another?

I've not noticed anything with the screen yet. Not had the most screen on time yet. Getting solid 5g sat in the office at the moment actually usable 5g. So that has certainly improved. Will see how I get on. Watch is nice, been a while since I wore a watch let alone a smart watch (Moto 360)

I've not noticed anything with the screen yet. Not had the most screen on time yet. Getting solid 5g sat in the office at the moment actually usable 5g. So that has certainly improved. Will see how I get on. Watch is nice, been a while since I wore a watch let alone a smart watch (Moto 360)
Good to hear the mobile signal is improved. I have a decent signal where I am so couldn't test it.

Back
Top Bottom