Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Are you even sure it makes a difference. Where are you noticing it makes a difference
I only have the pixel 8 so kine won't go down to 1, but at 120 it's just the smoothness of animations. Like if I scroll down a page on my p5, you can't see the text it's just a blur,but the p8 although it's too fast to read, the text is super smooth and clear.

Someone should make a super slow mo video of the screens side by side so you can see the quality difference.

Edit.

Here you go. Look at the bottom 2. See how janky 60hz is

Last edited:
I only have the pixel 8 so kine won't go down to 1, but at 120 it's just the smoothness of animations. Like if I scroll down a page on my p5, you can't see the text it's just a blur,but the p8 although it's too fast to read, the text is super smooth and clear.

Someone should make a super slow mo video of the screens side by side so you can see the quality difference.

Edit.

Here you go. Look at the bottom 2. See how janky 60hz is

That's why my screen won't drop then as not using a pro haha

• Haha
Reactions: LiE
I get the purple magic editor icon appear bottom left when I press edit

Yup

Screenshot-20231014-095010.png

What camera settings are you guys using?

Are you using the Pro mode.

What about the resolution 12MP or the 50MP?

Or are you just sticking with the general mode & let the pixel do it's thing?

I'm starting to get some apps freezing on me for 5-10 seconds every now and then. It's mostly the brave browser. I might go to Firefox focus to escape from Chrome.

I'm finally getting used to gestures.

Ok. Firefox is a bit crap on mobile. Vivaldi it is!
Using Brave and seems to run perfectly on mine, really impressed with overall performance and lack of bugs compared to the 7 pro.

Once I swapped out the default launcher for Nova it's perfect , did the same on my s23 Ultra so consistent look and feel but leveraging the Google bits and widgets .

Overall smoother then my s23 ultra , battery life is the only area which may not be as good .

Going back to the Pixel you forget out foot the camera is and the lack of shutter lag compared to the s23 ultra

Back
Top Bottom