Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Thinking of going switched back to Nova Prime launcher. So much better, can still have the Google at a glance bit, met office weather underneath, then my favourite apps.

I've just tried Niagra and it's really awesome. Shame the pro is £20+.

Battery is still awful, im now at 67% with an hours screen time and notifications come through randomly. I used Google wallet yesterday and had notifications today about them. Same with Gmail. Is this normal?

I feel like it could be related to the battery learning stuff?

First day today using the 8 Pro with my SIM in.

Took it off charge at 6am, used it for sat nav this morning. Currently sitting at 65% and 2h53m screen time. Been using Spotify with the screen off too.

Took it off charge at 6am, used it for sat nav this morning. Currently sitting at 65% and 2h53m screen time. Been using Spotify with the screen off too.
That's pretty decent with Sat Nav usage if not plugged in.

I'm thus far happy with my 8 pro battery, not sure if it's still learning as only set it up on Friday .

Also decided to keep the watch and see what the battery life is like over a few weeks, also there are so many listed on eBay it's not worth selling without a drastic discount on list. May as well keep it and see how it compares to the Watch 5 Pro.

If only Google could make it a bit bigger and put a bigger battery in it next year it would clean up, baffles me why they haven't yet or offer two sizes like they do with the 8 pro and 8.

Battery is still awful, im now at 67% with an hours screen time and notifications come through randomly. I used Google wallet yesterday and had notifications today about them. Same with Gmail. Is this normal?

I feel like it could be related to the battery learning stuff?
That doesn't sound right. Maybe a rogue app?

thats better than mine for now..
6am unplugged, 1h26mins ST and 63% left...

wifi at home and wifi at work - although wifi at work is patchy...i think i will switch 5g off with the code...

Bellroy leather case turned up today. Really nice fit and feel.

Worth £45 probably not! But I had store credit :D

Did exactly the same as you with my store credit (alongside an additional charging cable for the watch).

Replaced the Google official case, which is great I must say, with this and it's soooooo nice. I liked the Belroy case for the 7 but it wasn't full coverage as the bottom was exposed, thankfully they've got the coverage all the way around this time. Slim fit as well, really doesn't add much bulk at all.

Did exactly the same as you with my store credit (alongside an additional charging cable for the watch).

Replaced the Google official case, which is great I must say, with this and it's soooooo nice. I liked the Belroy case for the 7 but it wasn't full coverage as the bottom was exposed, thankfully they've got the coverage all the way around this time. Slim fit as well, really doesn't add much bulk at all.
Photos please. You going to sell your official one?

Battery life is getting better as the phone adapts. 4hrs screen time so far today, with 47% left to go :)
Been using for work, traveling, streaming music etc.

nV532kx.png

Last edited:

/Snip

Niagara is really nice isn't it! I paid for it yearly for a year then ended up buying lifetime before it increased price. I think it was something to do with aligning our price with other regions.

I find it hard to get by using anything else now, everything is within a thumb swipe away! Can even hide widgets inside folders!

Back
Top Bottom