Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

To those with cases, is anyone able to recommend a case that is easy to pop off? I'm consdering getting a case that either has magsafe already or add a magsafe sticker, and then having that just for work. I can leave the case attached to the car mount, and then when finish work I pop the phone out and it's naked again, and when I go to work, pop the phone in the mount/case, and then use it in a case during the day.

I've tried the mous leather case and it's disgusting so sending it back. But it's also hard to get it in and out

To those with cases, is anyone able to recommend a case that is easy to pop off? I'm consdering getting a case that either has magsafe already or add a magsafe sticker, and then having that just for work. I can leave the case attached to the car mount, and then when finish work I pop the phone out and it's naked again, and when I go to work, pop the phone in the mount/case, and then use it in a case during the day.

I've tried the mous leather case and it's disgusting so sending it back. But it's also hard to get it in and out

That will be your issue. A sign of a good case is a tight fit. The bellroy leather certainly is.

You will def want a silicon/ gel one with not structural reinforcement if quick peeling is what you are after.

Basically the 3.99 ones you find on eBay

If it's just for mounting in the car, why not go for a wireless charging auto clamping phone holder? Then you don't need any case if you don't want to.

I've got one in each vehicle, they auto clamp any size phone for one handed use, and also wirelessly charge. So me n the Mrs can use the mount regardless of the type of phone being held. Happy days :)

Link

Starting to think that.

Scrolling through apps like Facebook, YouTube and linkedin are choppy and jittery, far from smooth.

So far my pixel 6 is out performing this 8 pro in terms of smoothness
Have you turned the refresh rate display on to see what it's doing. I find it buggy, often after the phone has been on for a while it'll stop adjusting down and apps can become janky.
A restart and it'll be back to normal with the refresh rate adjusting between 120 and 1 as it should.

If it's just for mounting in the car, why not go for a wireless charging auto clamping phone holder? Then you don't need any case if you don't want to.

I've got one in each vehicle, they auto clamp any size phone for one handed use, and also wirelessly charge. So me n the Mrs can use the mount regardless of the type of phone being held. Happy days :)

Link
It's not just for the car

Going to return my Pixel 8 (yea I know, not surprising). For me it boils down to again Googles lack of attention to detail, polish and consideration for the fundamentals.

I'll be picking up a use iPhone 13 Pro, this is the only ProMotion iPhone I can use without motion sickness for some reason.

List off the top of my head of things the Pixel 8 annoys me with:
- Srolling in various places just doesn't feel good, it can be jerky/jittery. This really destroys the enjoyment of using the phone.
- Photos app has an annoying UltraHDR pop in on photos. Editing videos or photos the phone chokes.
- Phone gets warm doing general browsing.
- UI occasionally has a fit and locks up and shutters.
- Love the photos for the most part, but often it will completely screw up the white balance.
- Battery life isn't anything special.

Last edited:
Been using he watch and phone now for a week and happy with the battery on both.

Not as good as my S23 Ultra or Watch 5 pro battery wise but a number of other features I prefer make it an acceptable trade off.

The watch will get me to around 11pm from 5am with around 40-50% battery left, I've turned off always on display and simply lift my wrist when I want to see something and the display comes on.

Phone will also get me through a similar time with around 30-40% battery typically

Been using he watch and phone now for a week and happy with the battery on both.

Not as good as my S23 Ultra or Watch 5 pro battery wise but a number of other features I prefer make it an acceptable trade off.

The watch will get me to around 11pm from 5am with around 40-50% battery left, I've turned off always on display and simply lift my wrist when I want to see something and the display comes on.

Phone will also get me through a similar time with around 30-40% battery typically

Are you going to keep your S23 Ultra?

I also have both & as much as I like the P8Pro, the S23 Ultra is just that bit more.

Both phones are fantastic but the S23 Ultra has the edge for me.

Going to return my Pixel 8 (yea I know, not surprising). For me it boils down to again Googles lack of attention to detail, polish and consideration for the fundamentals.

I'll be picking up a use iPhone 13 Pro, this is the only ProMotion iPhone I can use without motion sickness for some reason.

List off the top of my head of things the Pixel 8 annoys me with:
- Srolling in various places just doesn't feel good, it can be jerky/jittery. This really destroys the enjoyment of using the phone.
- Photos app has an annoying UltraHDR pop in on photos. Editing videos or photos the phone chokes.
- Phone gets warm doing general browsing.
- UI occasionally has a fit and locks up and shutters.
- Love the photos for the most part, but often it will completely screw up the white balance.
- Battery life isn't anything special.

You need to be added to a 'no buy' list. Similar to a no fly list :D blanket ban across all manufacturers

Back
Top Bottom