Google Pixel 8a or similar (photography)

Associate
Hi guys.
Pixel 8pro owner here.
I'm off to Inida in a few months time and I'll need a back up mobile which I'll be getting an Indian SIM for and will probably need it for photography - landscapes mostly.

Would you say the Pixel 8a would be good as a back up or are there better options for £450?

Thank you!

You can probably get the regular Pixel 8 for near enough £450, which is a better camera. Also, if you want something a bit different, the Galaxy S24 with the mad deals can be had for £450 net. It incorporates a 3x telephoto unlike the Pixel 8

Thank you guys. It's been years since I owned a Samsung phone (s5 mini I think was the last one), I will take a look at those suggestions to see if I can find a decent deal.

@ShivP I'm hoping to get an Airtel SIM at Delhi airport again, they're fairly cheap but there's also the risk that the counter is really busy with tourists. I'm looking at a six week trip at the moment (12th visit).

Thank you guys. It's been years since I owned a Samsung phone (s5 mini I think was the last one), I will take a look at those suggestions to see if I can find a decent deal.

@ShivP I'm hoping to get an Airtel SIM at Delhi airport again, they're fairly cheap but there's also the risk that the counter is really busy with tourists. I'm looking at a six week trip at the moment (12th visit).
Fair enough, yeah it's a nightmare at Mumbai / Delhi, might be worth using a Lebara for a few days then you can grab one at an Airtel shop hopefully. If not, get an eSIM from Airalo/Nomad/Flexiroam

Back
Top Bottom