Google Pixel and Pixel XL

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah that would make sense.

Shame these are so hard to buy (from Google) I'd have had one by now if I could get one.

I'm after a 128GB Black XL if anyone knows where I can find one, and I'm not paying £1149 like the ones listed on Amazon! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
So what's the general consensus on the pixel? Battery life good? Do people use the swipe down on the fingerprint scanner? I am an iPhone 7 user, I tried an s7, but found it very quiet, was missing calls on the farm. It was also a bit laggy. So I was thinking of buying a pixel from google direct, are returns handled easily if I don't like it?

Soldato
So what's the general consensus on the pixel? Battery life good? Do people use the swipe down on the fingerprint scanner? I am an iPhone 7 user, I tried an s7, but found it very quiet, was missing calls on the farm. It was also a bit laggy. So I was thinking of buying a pixel from google direct, are returns handled easily if I don't like it?

Google returns go to Germany and turnaround is pretty quick. Around 4 business days if I remember correctly.

Soldato
Mint condition, £400 I'd say.

I wont lie, I thought that was a bit low when I read it, but having a look on eBay, they are selling anywhere from £300 to £400.

Looks like I'm going to pick up a 32GB Pixel in mint condition, but no box or accessories for £275!

No box or accessories sounds rather suspicious? Do you know the person?

Soldato

Battery life is really good on mine, easily get a day of moderate use. I was at a wedding last weekend and left the house with 100% at 10am on the Saturday and when I got back at 1pm on the Sunday it was 36%, mighty impressive. Good to know that you can at least head away on an overnight stay and not need the charger.
No lag whatsoever. I always had Samsung phones and couldn't get over how nippy these pixels are, any Samsung I've used since is just a laggy mess in comparison.
I rarely use the slide down for notifications truth be told, it's a good feature but I don't use it much.

Associate
So my Pixel XL doesn't lay flat on a table. It rocks when pressed on the upper right corner or lower left corner. A quick google shows that a lot of people encountered this problem too. It turns out its easy to bend due to the slimness of the device. Its been in a case since day 1 and I never sat on it or anything like that. I just keep it in the left side pocket of my trousers. The pocket does get tight when it sit down.

But thankfully it was an easy fix. I just held the phone between my 2 hands and gently bend it the other way. Now it lays flat again.

Anyone here experienced the same issue before?

Soldato
Okay, that's not a boot loop then is it? Bootloop means it will boot, but then loops the boot over and over. It wont boot into recovery using a combination of key presses? (Power and vol down)

Man of Honour
Well I'm just going by the definition I saw online - it loops, over and over whilst booting, close enough to me. :)

It just boots to the "Google" splash screen, buzzes, and boots back the "Google" splash screen repeat ad nauseaum.

It will not go into recovery mode - I just said that above ;) You get to the menu, if you choose recovery, it just goes back to its looping. It won't even power off.

Man of Honour
Maybe I'm not being clear - so don't apologise, I appreciate your help. :)

I can get to fastboot, but it won't go into recovery. I can't seem to connect to it in fastboot mode for some reason - but I have been able to do so in the past so I know it works.

Man of Honour
Happy to chat offline if you've got some time :)

Or if you have any other suggestions - I'm all ears. I've submitted an insurance claim anyway, so can always cancel it if I can get it up and running.

This happened after I did an OTA update last night.

Back
Top Bottom