Google Products...

Associate
Hi guys,

Been thinking of ways to use my spare time more productively recently and I've got on to looking at Google AdWords / Analytic's to see what you can do. With all these reports of companies moving online more and more, and online revenues getting bigger and bigger, it makes me ask whether it's actually worth it?

I know this is a bit of a stupid question, but I'm sure there is a few web developers out there who get asked about this sort of stuff? Are these Google Qualifications good?

I guess what I'm really asking is, does any have these qualifications, if so, do you find them helpful when getting work?

I'm just really looking for a way in at the moment. The learning material on Google is great, but I know what a lot of big companies are like - they like seeing the big brand names posted on your CV/website.

I don't necessarily have a live website I can trial things on at the moment, nor does my employer want me to spend any of their money on it. I am quite happy to pay for training materials/getting the qualifications myself - I just want to put them to good use, i.e. after getting them, maybe doing part-time work for some websites.

Getting Google Analytics setup is easy to do and very beneficial for any company. I've got it on all my clients websites, even if they don't use it, so we can track the progress of each (and if we need to charge them more).

Yeah, I was just thinking about it for the spare time. Learning it at home, maybe helping out on a few websites to get some expertise/knowledge. Just mean overall, are Google products worth it - or is there something else which companies would rather use?

Back
Top Bottom