GoPro body mount for roller coasters and fairground rides?

I'm new to GoPro, but I've had for a few years used a Yi Action to take POV videos. The camera was mounted onto a wrist strap. The Yi Action was nice and small but the casing recently cracked.

The GoPro I'm hoping to get is a Hero10 which I think is last year's model.

I've looked at other body mount types such as chest, shoulder, head/helmet, neck and also selfie sticks. Most rides have OTSRs (over the shoulder restraints) so I think chest and shoulder mounts are ruled out. A GoPro on my neck seems a pretty good idea, but the neck straps I've seen are too loose. I would want something more like a choker so that it's firm and out-facing. Selfie sticks would get in the way of the people sitting next to me. That leaves me with head mounts. Are these tight enough to stay on my head when experiencing G-force and inversions (going upside down)?

How would you wear a GoPro if skiing or wind surfing? (just as examples)

Soldato
Chest mount is what I’d use personally.

Gives you a good POV and probably more stable than other mounts.

You can also wear it under a jacket and just zip your jacket up to the underside of the chest mount so it’s fairly well hidden too.

Soldato
I've used a chest mount when skiing, although you obviously don't have any restraints.

I'd imagine most rides should be okay as they sort of cross the lower chest/belly area leaving the upper chest exposed.

Back
Top Bottom