Got chance to go to iPhone 7 plus, do I?

Soldato
As title, I have the chance to go to iPhone 7 plus 128gb for a good price, I currently have an LG v20. My question is do I? Have people made the move? I can't decide, here is my pros and cons, advise appreciated.

Pros
*ios
*Double cpu power (820 to a10)
*Waterproof
*Portrait camera effect
*Fast camera... (I mean to load then snap a shot, it's faster than my current one, but no different once both cams loaded)
*fashionable

Cons
*no extra memory support
*no wide angle camera
*worse main camera
*no removable battery
*no fast charging
*no headphone port or quad dac audio

My other gear is a Windows desktop, macbook air, iPad pro.

I mainly use my phone for Fb, social media, instagram for my business etc , and photo and video...... And obviously it's my most used device.

The LG battery lasts easily a day, but heavy use constantly can take it down low towards tea time but having fast charge I'm not to bothered right now as I can top up in 30 mins..... I'm wondering if the iphones faster processor will make its battery last.

I like the LG phone as I'm a content creator, but, I like the idea of the 7+ as well and the portrait camera appeals.

But also same time on a couple of occasions the LG has dropped frames filming 4k....am thinking the iphones have very fast flash memory? But most of the time it's been fine tbh.

It's quite a 50/50 situation right now, am on fence, help?

Soldato
OP
Yeah I might try and then resell tbh, whichever phone I prefer. Haha God no I never want a windows phone... Someone's joke above.

Tbh I am mostly interested in the cpu chip, I'm intruged to how fast the phone will be, a super fast phone appeals, the snapdragon 820 is no slouch but no android phone is near apples cpu.

Soldato
OP
Yeah obviously I’d never ever consider a windows phone, I’m not crazy haha.

Does make me laugh though, ocuk never agrees on anything ever....except windows phone haha, we all unite against that lol, the Donald Trump of Phone’s !

Soldato
OP
You can't really compare a CPU in an Android device to one in an IOS device.

You can, & I have, Geek Bench 4 says its a very very fast phone ! lol

Now my 820 powered phone isn't to bad at all, its just fine, but this is OCUK so, ya know, 'overclock' or get the fastest speed.

However, I'm still sitting on the fence, been delayed until the end of the week to get this phone unlocked and im having 2nd thoughts now, not sure, I guess I could sell on I keep telling myself.

Soldato
OP
What I mean is, Android fanboys usually bleat on about number of cores and clock frequency etc. You can't assume that an Android phone with 6 cores is faster than an iPhone with 3 cores and half the RAM.

The 7 Plus is a fast phone and beats most top Android handsets in benchmarks. That said, it's the user experience which counts more than benchmarks.

Well yeah, I'm not bothered about core count etc - but yes the benches do appeal though - that combined with optimisation should make for a nice user experience.

The apple eco system appeals in many ways - despite this being the worst time in history to think of getting into it due to the high costs - so as with most things id go the 2nd hand market for everything if I did.

Soldato
OP
I've got both an S8+ and an iPhone 8, having just moved back to an iPhone after 3 months with Android. I just prefer iOS and 3 months was a good stab, although I did actually quite like Samsung's incarnation of Android.

If you haven't used iOS recently then you should have a play around with an iPhone first before making any decisions. Only you can be sure whether you'll get on with the device or not.

So what about iOS do you like and prefer? People just say its a preference, - ok, but why ? what exactly ?

I have an iPad Pro and macbook air, so know either platform well - its not difficult using either so this 'preference' attitude is weird, their v similar, I don't get lost on either device, iOS speed due to the apple CPU is what appeals.

Soldato
OP
I have an iP7+ and a MacBook Air too. I love it, aside from the usual iPhone things, I love the integration with my MacBook. I use iMessage, Safari, Calendar, Notes etc and it's all seamlessly synced with my phone. I do some work / planning on my MacBook, close the lid and carry on with my phone wherever I am.

I guess so, but similar multi platform works with google now - my current android phone sends pics to my desktop - google docs, notes, and drop box etc, I'm not sure how good they are in comparison to mac though?

Back
Top Bottom