Got me a new Vehicle!

Permabanned
Just picked up my Land Rover 90! :) Bought one off ebay as the guy was only down the road from me! its a G reg, 2.5TD, tax and mot and in excellent condition! Taken it off road already and its awesome fun! :D Got some things to get for it yet like bigger tyres but other than that its mint! :D Well happy. Will get pics tomorrow :)

Also if anyone around the Cardiff area knows for anywhere good to go offroading, let me know :)

Permabanned
Very good, i love Landies...sadly dont have one at the mo tho :(

So - lots of pics please. As its G reg is is the 2.5Td or a 200Tdi (canna think when production started) - i must admit though in my experience you cant beat a TD5 :D

I'm looking at the late face-lift disco II TD5 so at least i can have a LR again and go off-roading but with the family this time :)

If you want a Good LR forum then sign up at LRUK

Permabanned
OP
here are two pics i snapped when i got stuck in a bog today lol! Was stuck there for an hour :)

SgtTupac-LR1.jpg

SgtTupac-LR2.jpg

Arc

Arc

Associate
Looks in good nick for a g reg 90 :).

Slime101 said:
i must admit though in my experience you cant beat a TD5 :D

Nah, old na diesel, td or tdi200 and 300 for offroad use, a lot less to go wrong :).

Permabanned
OP
nah, didnt get any pics of the unstuckness, but it took about 5mins, another land rover and some extreme acceleration from it lol.. nearly give me whiplash :p

Associate
I assume your driving on private land??

Buy yourself some OS maps of the area and look for byways/rupps/boats marked on it. Check at the start of a route as the council may have put a TRO on the lane saying it can't be driven over the winter.

Also things to take note, there's a bill going through parliment called NERC which is basicly designed to royally screw access to these lanes. They are looking for any excuse to push it through so when you drive lanes do it with a little care. No going at 30mph, if it looks damaged or you'l damage it by driving it, don't.
Basicly don't be an arse while driving the lanes. If you want/need to see what your LR can do go to a pay and play site thats what they are for.

A good site to checkout is the forums on www.difflock.com

Also checkout http://www.glass-uk.org/

Back
Top Bottom