Government launches 'preppers' website

Associate
The government has released guidelines on the Gov website for us to store 'Emergency supplies' in case of a national Crisis.

Obviously we take what the government say with a pinch of salt, but thinking back to the early days of the pandemic whereby there was a breakdown in the supply chain, where we saw supermarket shelves empty and now to present day where we are constantly reminded with the threat of WW3. Is it time to start keeping a certain amount of supplies on hand just in case?

Is now the time to take it a little bit more seriously?

I know the below is a DM link, but this has also been reported on other news outlets which sit behind a paywalls.

Also Gov link- Credit to Armageus https://prepare.campaign.gov.uk/get-prepared-for-emergencies/

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Aaah the TP shortage that eventually become a self fulfilling prophecy. I remember being down to my last roll and feeling the pressure.

I happened to know someone who had accidentally stocked up on toilet paper. They gave me 2 packs of 9 rolls.

I bought toilet roll because i needed some. And then as i got into the car I had a call from my pregnant sister who couldnt get ahold of any anywhere. The embarrassment i had when i went back in for more poo sheets was real.

Associate
OP
No.

The problem is that given any serious national crisis, 20 packs of toilet paper won't cut it. You need months of food and water. In particular, the water will take up a LOT of space. I mean, if we are talking WW3 then you need years of food and water and what does it really matter? You are going to die anyway, having food just makes it drag out. Nope. The truth is that only the people who have access to bunkers will survive WW3, and even then, for what? There won't be anything left when they emerge. Best to run towards the explosion, not away!
I want to survive just so i can be one of those Vendors like what you see in the division games. ill sell LTT backpacks as legendary items

Back
Top Bottom