GPU & MoBo Recommendations

Associate
Hi, I'm looking into building a computer for my dad and I have a fair idea of what components I need to get. I'm just a little unsure of what GPU and motherboard to get - he wants to use it mostly for office use and would like to play some games on it too. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks!

Associate
OP
Hi, thank you for your reply. For CPU I was considering Intel i7-9700k as this is the one I have and have had no issues with it. I am open to recommendations for that too if there is one better suited for more casual use. I am aware of the shortage of GPUs unfortunately, I would say his budget is around €1000-€1100 for the entire build. Wi-Fi would be handy but I wouldn't say essential.

Man of Honour
Hi, thank you for your reply. For CPU I was considering Intel i7-9700k as this is the one I have and have had no issues with it. I am open to recommendations for that too if there is one better suited for more casual use. I am aware of the shortage of GPUs unfortunately, I would say his budget is around €1000-€1100 for the entire build. Wi-Fi would be handy but I wouldn't say essential.
Here is starting point gone with a 6 core with 32gb of ram but can be reduced to 16gb. The 1050ti is the only gpu available at the moment.
Psu is good value for money motherboard with Wi-Fi.

You have plenty of scope to change components or go AMD build of you like.

CODE My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £802.15 (includes shipping: £12.30)

AMD BUILD
CODE My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £849.19 (includes shipping: £12.30)

Permabanned
If you want to go with the original i9700K you mentioned you can actually find some bargain prices. I would only suggest going in that direction if you can find good prices, though since the 10 series are more recent ( the i9700K is still an awesome CPU though ). I think the 32GB of ram is too much maybe so drop that down to 16GB which gives you some more money to spend on other components. Graphics card is very difficult at the moment, the prices are just insane. As for the motherboard, well, there are tons of z390 still around at good prices, like the Gigabyte Gaming X for about £130. You may also like to get a smaller NVMe drive, say 256GB and a small hard drive of 2TB say to give you a little more storage space for games.

Back
Top Bottom