• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU panic selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Well TBH? I have seen absolutely insane prices on the 3060 too. I had to remind myself at times that it was actually not even a great card at RRP. Let alone at a bag of sand and beyond.

Have to agree (I own a 1060 myself in server now - I thought it was bad value when I got it years back) I seen on the alert messages and on twitter some 3060s going for 900 euros or thereabouts thinking omg who is paying these insane prices!!

Soldato
Have to agree (I own a 1060 myself in server now - I thought it was bad value when I got it years back) I seen on the alert messages and on twitter some 3060s going for 900 euros or thereabouts thinking omg who is paying these insane prices!!

Quite. The Ti isn't very good either. The 3070 doesn't have enough VRAM, so it's only really when you reach the 3080 that it's even worth considering if you have a decent 20 series card (Super).

Man of Honour
Looking at sold prices on 3060ti from yesterday and today every single one has gone for well north of £700, so these 'panic sellers' will need to start opening panic bank accounts to store all their cash soon. In my mind cards being sold at double MRSP doesn't really represent panic selling, it just gets people's ears pricking up because it's not quite as ludicrous as it was a month or two back.

Proper panic selling will be when we see cards regularly changing hands for under MRSP, which we are not close to yet.

Associate
My mate has just put his EVGA on Ebay as he picked up a 3090FE, at the rate it`s gaining bids it will pay for his 3090 and it only cost him £730. It`s madness that he can still nearly double his money on it, though he may regret not selling it sooner if prices are starting to fall.

Associate
Hopefully aib are selling to the market the normal prices and not sky high that resellers like oc had to sell them at that price also.

Soldato
I am not sure about panic selling, but last few days I have seen a lot more stock dropping.

6800 (not XT) at a not so rediculous price and has been in stock today available to buy which is one in particular I have not seen in a while.

It makes me very dubious if stock was ever reaching UK retailers in the first place but somehow ending up in the hands of miners directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom