GPU Upgrade (£300 Budget) Recommendations?

Associate
Hi everyone,

My GPU is coming to the end of it's life (I'm currently having to underclock it in order to keep games/drivers from crashing); I bought it back in Dec 2013, so I've had a good run with it. My current specs are below:

• Asus P8Z77-V LX Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
  • Intel Core i5 3570K OC to 4.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
  • Corsair Vengeance LP Performance Memory modules 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz CL9 Blue
  • Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3X "GHZ Edition" 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-EXPRESS
  • Corsair 750W PSU
  • Windows 10 64bit
  • Res: 1920x1080

I'm looking to upgrade the GPU with a rough budget of around £300 (can go marginally higher or lower for value), but I'm concerned that the other components might be a bottleneck, being that I first bought the PC back in 2012.

Does anyone have any upgrade recommendations or advice? I would also consider upgrading my monitor, but I've seen conflicting information on the GPU capabilities within this price range.

Any help would be really appreciated!

You will bottleneck with that CPU when you pair it with £300 cards. Even if you dont bottleneck you will have microstutters in game.

If budget is a constraint and you want to go ahead with a GPU upgrade, a Vega 56 would be nice as a minimum or a 2060. Both will be decent upgrades. Anything more i believe will be bottlenecked if you play AAA games online and you will not get enough benefit.

Back
Top Bottom