• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Upgrade Time... is 12GB enough @ 1440p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Managed to sell my 3070 Ti Founder's Edition for a good price. It always ran hotter than I liked and it seemed to be struggling @ 1440p in recent titles.

I'm sitting tight till the 4070 drops to see if that has any impact on the 4070 Ti or the 7900xt. I'm leaning towards the 4070 Ti as I'll be playing a lot of Diablo 4 and it will support the DLSS 3.0

However... 12GB RAM feels like it will start to struggle at 1440p / 165hz just like 8GB is. Maybe I'm over reacting, a 50% increase in VRAM should be fine for the next 5 years at 1440p surely?

Not gonna lie, think I’ve dodged a bullet getting the 3070ti gone.

After more research I’m really thinking 12GB isn’t going to be enough for 1440p above 120hz. This gen of cards is a real let down. Crypto and silicon shortage from previous gen at least made some kinda sense as to the ridiculous prices. I can’t really understand the reason for another massive price hike but this time coupled with gimped performance increase.

Reminds me of Apple, they prefer you to buy new every few years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom