Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
Apologies in advance for the utter newb question:

If I buy the disc version of this game, will I be able to load it without the sound of a jet engine going constantly as I play it? I'm hoping it reads from the disc initially and then pulls data from the harddrive during the game...

Associate
Apologies in advance for the utter newb question:

If I buy the disc version of this game, will I be able to load it without the sound of a jet engine going constantly as I play it? I'm hoping it reads from the disc initially and then pulls data from the harddrive during the game...

I have the physical and it initially spins up the disc but once its loaded that's it.

Soldato
FINALLY managed to get gold in IB10. Annoyingly it was traction control making this extremely hard. Turned it off and was able to carry so much extra speed through the corner and smashed the gold time!

Soldato
For Daily Race C, I've found the Mustang GR.4 is the fastest of the prize cars (Supra, 86, Viper, Mustang), i'm slowest in the loaned Mclaren..at least i didn't buy it!

1:57.8 is my best so far (low 1:57's possible with a great lap)

Don
For Daily Race C, I've found the Mustang GR.4 is the fastest of the prize cars (Supra, 86, Viper, Mustang), i'm slowest in the loaned Mclaren..at least i didn't buy it!

1:57.8 is my best so far (low 1:57's possible with a great lap)

I’ve just achieved a 1:57, I don’t think I’m capable of ever getting faster. That’s in the Atenza too that looks to be the go to car for that track.

Achieved 2nd again in the Daily A, again don’t think ill get quicker than that.
The B race im always struggling with, such a tight track.

Soldato
I’ve just achieved a 1:57, I don’t think I’m capable of ever getting faster. That’s in the Atenza too that looks to be the go to car for that track.

Achieved 2nd again in the Daily A, again don’t think ill get quicker than that.
The B race im always struggling with, such a tight track.

I haven't tried the Atenza, but that was fast on the Nurburgring GP last week.

I had a couple of races on Race B in the loaned Mclaren GR.3, that wasn't bad, i made up positions each time. I've been playing the track recently on Ride 4, so know it quite well - it's much easier in a car as the driver doesn't fall off, haha.

Soldato
I just had my first podium in daily race C, 3rd in the Mustang, started 8th. 44k credits for a clean race.

1st & 2nd were both in Ferrari 458's and left me for dead. 2nd place went from 2 seconds to 16 seconds ahead in the 6 laps i was in 3rd. To be fair i didn't do any quick laps and they both qualified in 1:56's.

EDIT: bought the 458, i'm running nearly the same time as the Mustang and can also go faster when i get used to the handling more.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know what the criteria is for improving your driver rating? Is it just clean races or do I have to place highly etc as well? I think I'm currently DR C SR S but was finding it frustrating trying to do the nations cup last night as people are just bouncing me off the track to pass. I assume they get some kind of penalty but I get sent right to the back of the race which is just annoying. I had the same in some of the Daily Race A's as well.

Soldato
Does anyone know what the criteria is for improving your driver rating? Is it just clean races or do I have to place highly etc as well? I think I'm currently DR C SR S but was finding it frustrating trying to do the nations cup last night as people are just bouncing me off the track to pass. I assume they get some kind of penalty but I get sent right to the back of the race which is just annoying. I had the same in some of the Daily Race A's as well.

I'm in the same group as you, in the GR.3 & GR.4 daily and cup the racing is very clean. Except for one idiot last night near the end of the 10 laps ramming people lapping him.

I think you just have to make up positions and beat faster players to progress. There is probably a hidden rank number behind the letters.

Soldato
I'm in the same group as you, in the GR.3 & GR.4 daily and cup the racing is very clean. Except for one idiot last night near the end of the 10 laps ramming people lapping him.

I think you just have to make up positions and beat faster players to progress. There is probably a hidden rank number behind the letters.

But the big boy cars scare me! I need to man up and stop messing with the kiddie cars but the Clio's etc are where my heart is lol.

I think on Sport from what I can tell there is a score behind each one but apparently they've gone out of their way to hide that for GT7.

Back
Top Bottom