Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
Cheers :)

Some lame players about, just did the deep forest daily and 2 were working together, one parked on the start straight all race so yellows came out and over taking wasn't allowed, and his mate could win :rolleyes:

Permabanned
. Maybe I expected too much but I can’t help but feel underwhelmed by this game tbh.
Driving mechanics are absolutely spot on, graphics haven’t blown me away for a PS5 game, but my main gripe is the lack of cars and tuning options. Maybe nostalgia has clouded my judgment but I remember GT2 being a much better game of its day.
Enjoying it so far but I can feel my interest just starting to wane.

Soldato
FYI for anyone going through the tests still, not sure about all the dirt ones but on I-A3 the patch today has removed the dirt tires off the Focus. It's like borderline impossible. I can't even get bronze at the moment and had a quick look just before and seems I'm not the only one. Just a heads-up so people don't waste as much time as I have trying to do it.

Soldato
I started playing GT7 today, the game seems really polished. I haven't played a GT game since the PS1.

I'm working my way through the License Centre at the moment. Has anyone got any tips for the offroad tests, i can only get silver in the Tundra (A-8) & Evo (IB-5). Just starting International A, everything else is gold so far.

PSN: GT3071-r if anyone wants to add me for Timetrials and Multiplayer (Once I've got further into the game)

Last edited:
Soldato
FYI for anyone going through the tests still, not sure about all the dirt ones but on I-A3 the patch today has removed the dirt tires off the Focus. It's like borderline impossible. I can't even get bronze at the moment and had a quick look just before and seems I'm not the only one. Just a heads-up so people don't waste as much time as I have trying to do it.

I'm on that one now, it's like ice racing, if i manage Bronze i'll move on!

Soldato
Has anyone had any good spins on the 'roulette' tickets? From reading on Reddit/GTPlanet seem like these are heavily weighted for the lowest 5K in credits :( Saved all mine so far.

-
PSN: PrimalHellspawn - if anyone wants to add :) :( :confused:

Soldato
Out of all the spins I have had, a handful of reasonable ones, lots and lots of low value and one very nice one .. 5 gold bars which was 500k.

Still think the cars are too skittish especially RWD without TC.
And although the second hand car dealer made an announcement about new stock every day, I have seen the same cars there since launch !
TBH they aren't that much cheaper than new and given how cars need maintaining with credits when they rack up some miles, it is probably safer to buy new if its available.
I am guessing the only benefit of the SH car sales, is for cars that aren't new enough to be at the dealers.

Don
Jeep Night Safari mission is currently impossible to Gold in the 1.06 update. It puts CH (comfort hard) tyres on instead of Dirt. Wasted a lot of time before googling it!

Soldato
Jeep Night Safari mission is currently impossible to Gold in the 1.06 update. It puts CH (comfort hard) tyres on instead of Dirt. Wasted a lot of time before googling it!
That’s the second time I’m hearing of tyres being changed. Why is this happening

Soldato
Finally got gold on A-9 after about 100 tries!

Nice one! Nothing more satisfying that finally nailing it.

On the subject of tyres, has anyone done the F1500 challenge in the wet at Spa? It’s on, I think, racing softs but it’s so hard to control through the puddles so curious if that might be a wrong tyre one too. I managed to get second after over 100 attempts but the ai breeze through puddles where I get speared off track.

Last edited:
Soldato
I spent 1.5 hours on A-8 trying to get gold before finding this out. I’m pretty impressed I was only .300 of a second off the gold time considering! :cry:

Soldato
There was some bug around being able to select dirt tyres or something on races, so probably when fixing that they've introduced a new problem with the licences. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I have to say, I am super impressed with this game and now totally addicted. Yes, there are some niggles but the quality and overall polish is fantastic compared to many recent releases on day 1. The content and features are spot on for those of us who enjoyed the original games on previous platforms but there's also enough new to keep it interesting. I started to customise cars and create liveries, use scapes and the depth here is amazing, so much to do. The modifications and upgrades to cars are also really clear to feel in the driving; it really feels like classic GT but taking advantage of modern hardware and capabilities. I love the grind in some of the races, having to upgrade your car, working through licences etc, it is very nostalgic for me but the modern visuals and handling blow me away compared to the old gen titles. I guess it's what I dreamed GT would be on PS4/5 when I was playing on the older platforms many years ago. Even the 60FPS performance (I have the PS4 Pro) is impressive, going back to some of the best titles for the series on PS2. I imagine how great this is on PS5, lucky people who have that.

My main gripes are relatively minor, but there are some bugs (most are known) -
- I had an issue with the livery editor getting stuck on rendering on 0%, which means you have to restart the game. Thankfully it recovered my work somehow, otherwise that would have been very annoying.
- I'm also not 100% convinced on the AI, they can still be a bit dumb at times (e.g. that penultimate corner on Trial Mountain reversed - why are they so slow there?!) and I suspect there is an element of rubber-banding, but this has always been the case in GT games to keep you on your toes I guess. The fact also that we have so many rolling starts I think shows that the AI are not competent enough as most races are just catching up and passing, not genuine battles up and down. I guess you can go online for that but it would be nice to have better AI.
- Also, the dirt handling feels off, much like it has since GT3. More work needed, not to mention jump physics that seem a little...wild.
- Compared to some previous games, there is still too much menu navigation, pressing buttons when you get rewards, levelling up etc, it's not really necessary and could be skipped for a cleaner experience. The replays could also be triggered from when you get back to the race menu rather than automatically, although I like watching them.
- The loading times are pain...on PS4. I know the solution to that is PS5 and I guess not much to do there. Curious if anyone has an SSD on PS4 and what sort of performance increase there may be or whether it's mostly CPU/Memory bottlenecks.
- Finally, when will we get proper damage in a GT game? I can hit a wall at 100 mph and get a small scrape. I want to see some kind of simulated realistic damage, like BeamNG or Wreckfest etc. Maybe the next title that drops PS4 can do that, even if it's just in certain cars or race series, I think it's a frontier we've never reached in GT, probably due to complexity and development time, plus Polyphony Digital's exceptionally high standards meaning that if they couldn't do it justice it probably wouldn't get in.

Soldato
Looking on Reddit it looks like all dirt license tests have the wrong tyres now (i haven't checked, at work).

It would explain why videos i watched for the A license had way more grip than me. I only managed Silver on the A & Int B, Bronze on the Int A dirt ice race, but all the road tests up to Super license weren't that bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking on Reddit it looks like all dirt license tests have the wrong tyres now (i haven't checked, at work).

It would explain why videos i watched for the A license had way more grip than me. I only managed Silver on the A & Int B, Bronze on the Int A dirt ice race, but all the road tests up to Super license weren't that bad.
Ha, yeah. I was watching the demonstration videos and felt like it was cheating! Turns out it technically was! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom