Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
I've plugged my G29 into the console and it's being seen as a controller. However, when I launch GT7 it still thinks it's a controller on the initial set up. Is there anything specific I need to do to get the game to see the wheel and pedals?

Soldato
I've plugged my G29 into the console and it's being seen as a controller. However, when I launch GT7 it still thinks it's a controller on the initial set up. Is there anything specific I need to do to get the game to see the wheel and pedals?
Have you made sure that the switch is set to PS4 ontop?

Soldato
Have you made sure that the switch is set to PS4 ontop?

It was actually working fine, I just had to get past that initial setup screen. First impressions are really good, it's taking me back to my PS3 days. :)

I'm so impressed with the PS5 gaming experience that I've just sold my RTX3080 and I'm really not sure if I'll bother with the next gen GPUs.

Soldato
It was actually working fine, I just had to get past that initial setup screen. First impressions are really good, it's taking me back to my PS3 days. :)

I'm so impressed with the PS5 gaming experience that I've just sold my RTX3080 and I'm really not sure if I'll bother with the next gen GPUs.
It's a great bit of kit isn't it. I've been really impressed with the ps5. Not a cat's chance in hell I'll be selling my 3090 mind :D

Soldato
Just had two very good races

Finally won a race on the brand's hatch daily race. Started in 8th too!

Also improved my qually time on the dragon trail so I started 2nd and finished 2nd!

Soldato
Now I'm into tuning cars with 600PP or above, I'm having big issues keeping RWD cars under control. Even when carefully applying throttle, if you have a little steering on, they often spin out, or spin out at high speed. I've tried racing tyres, LSD tuning, suspension tuning, high downforce, and some cars are just almost un-drivable. E.g. I tuned a 2015 Mustang to 700PP and just making it round a lap is an achievement, even if I de-tune it via ECU a bunch. I've seen others talk about this, but it does feel like the RWD handling is very punishing. I'm a long-time player of the GT series and this is definitely new in GT7. Anyone here got any tips?

EDIT: Should add, I've tried keeping stability control on and maybe it helps 10% but it's not a solution at all. Adding countersteering assistance kind of seems like giving up and it slows you down anyway.

Soldato
EDIT: Should add, I've tried keeping stability control on and maybe it helps 10% but it's not a solution at all. Adding countersteering assistance kind of seems like giving up and it slows you down anyway.

Have a watch of this, you might be able to tune that oversteer out with what he talks about in this.

Soldato
Thanks, I will try changing the LSD acceleration sensitivity back to back and see if it's as dramatic a change as in the video. I'm getting that same snap oversteer on acceleration, so may well be the key.

Soldato
Thanks, I will try changing the LSD acceleration sensitivity back to back and see if it's as dramatic a change as in the video. I'm getting that same snap oversteer on acceleration, so may well be the key.

No worries, let me know if it works for you as I was going to be trying this on a few of my cars as well.

Soldato
Just realised you can enable gold ghost in the license tests so you can follow it and get a real time feel for how to do it.

Ive just spent the National and International licenses (probably around 5 hours worth of driving) with Youtube on my tablet watching videos for each test.....feeling quite stupid right now. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom