Gran Turismo 7

Associate
I think GT7 has broken my controller :p

Installed it today for the first time, almost immediately both L2 and R2 started making an almighty rattle under heavy braking/acceleration, and I think the adaptive trigger on R2 has now given up entirely, as it's feeling noticeably lighter than L2!

This is actually very common, I had exactly the same problem when playing returnal. I noticed that the R2 felt loose. I contacted Sony via their customer support and they told me to send it to them to be repaired. I'm the end they have me a new replacement controller.

Soldato
This is actually very common, I had exactly the same problem when playing returnal. I noticed that the R2 felt loose. I contacted Sony via their customer support and they told me to send it to them to be repaired. I'm the end they have me a new replacement controller.

Annoyingly mine is out of warranty now. Have read that sometimes it's just the springs that need replacing so will give that a go I guess.

Soldato
I had this too with the pad that was bundled in with the PS5 happened in first month, can't fault Sony though they replaced it quickly enough.

Went to them as Amazon refused to just swap the pad they wanted the entire consol back

Soldato
Still waiting for the Pennzoil to appear :(

There is a Penzoil GTR500 in the legends dealer now if that's what you are after. Cool 2.5mil

Annoyingly mine is out of warranty now. Have read that sometimes it's just the springs that need replacing so will give that a go I guess.

If you end up having no joy and need to buy a new pad, the coloured pads have thicker springs than the White ones.

Soldato
Update 1.13 is 2.6GB in PS5

3x Cars
Spa 24hr layout
2x Scapes

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_4908905.html

No patch notes yet, fingers crossed for the PP fix..

EDIT: Patch 1.13 notes --> https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_4999333.html

PP glitch listed as fixed :D hopefully non BOP daily races this week!

- Adjusted the geometry calculations algorithm for the suspension. This has resulted in improved traction for rear-wheel drive cars and lessened reactions to weight transfer;
 - Adjusted the relationship between the controller inputs (Analogue stick, R2 button, Accelerator pedal on a steering wheel controller) and the position of the throttle.
 - Adjusted the steering speed of the analogue stick;
 - Adjusted the force feedback in the following steering wheel controllers:
  ・Fanatec® Podium
  ・Fanatec® GT DD Pro
  ・Fanatec® GT DD Pro + BoostKit

- Adjusted the brake pressure control for all four brakes when entering a corner. As a result, the braking distance is reduced in general;

they may have also fixed the strange snap oversteer the cars in this game have. I'll test the Leman's CE Lap to see if it's easier later today.

Last edited:
Soldato
New Spa race is 1mil credits!

Tomahawk glitch is fixed too. Sport races are still BOP this week and one is GR2. I don't think any are even available to buy yet are they?

Last edited:
Soldato
New Spa race is 1mil credits!

Tomahawk glitch is fixed too. Sport races are still BOP this week and one is GR2. I don't think any are even available to buy yet are they?

So 1.5mill for a clean Spa race, should be fun :)

Shame the races are BOP still :( Gr2 might be good though.

I bought the the Mclaren & Merc Gr2's from the Legendary dealer a while back, the only others are 2x Honda NSX, 2x Nissan GTR & 2x Lexus at the moment.

Soldato
This update fixed the Porsche Curves issue on the Lemans CE on controller.

I was just 2 seconds faster than Gold on the 1 lap attack and got gold on the first attempt, all CE's are gold now :D

The Peugeot Gr1 doesn't lose all downforce and spin on the first of the Porsche curves now.

I wonder if its fixed the BOP tunes for the Gr3 R8, 458 & Lambo too. I tuned the lift off oversteer out of these 3 at the weekend, but obviously no good for BOP races.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally managed to get gold on S-10!. Had been grinding away for 2 weeks with all assists off and TC on 0. Read a tutorial that said on controller set the counter-steering assist to strong. Hey presto did it on my 4th attempt!

Felt a little bit like cheating since I grinded for so long with no assists but its done now. :D

Soldato
Seen some screengrabs on Twitter of people running the Tomahawk on some other races still, (think Spa was one of them) so the glitch might still be there :(
Yep looks like it works with the same gearbox setting as before but now you need to use intermittent tyres and a ballast which gets you below 600pp again! :cry:

Soldato
Seen some screengrabs on Twitter of people running the Tomahawk on some other races still, (think Spa was one of them) so the glitch might still be there :(

Shame, sport mode will be BOP until they fix the gearbox/ballast/suspension PP glitches :(

I've still got almost 20 million left from the 46-47 million for Circuit Experience Gold's, so haven't had any need to bother running any races over and over :)

Leman's, Sardegna and now Spa will be fine for run now and again for credits, when i've finished the Endurance missions.

If they ever add Gr1 & Gr2 races, they should pay even more credits.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep RWD cars are certainly better to drive, or at least my upgraded Pantera and Countach are very pleasing to drive with a bit of tuning :)

BTW, the Lemans PP700 8 lap race (30 mins time limit) gets you 875k (I think it was) for a clean race. I went off track a couple of time but still got the clean race bonus :)
Not sure if there is a faster way to earn credits, but I am enjoying taking my 650pp Pantera and 700PP Countach around there, just have to predict the weather, although if it doesn't rain too heavily you can manage to keep the hard slicks on all race.

The Lambo GR3 seems a little better behaved on Catalunya circuit experience, still struggling for gold though, that's just me being pants :p

Last edited:
Soldato
The Tokyo race is even easier to farm for cash now. Same tomahawk built with inters and 5kg ballast gets the PP low enough again and have the added benefit of more grip on the damp track! I just completed a race in 16mins

Soldato
The Tokyo race is even easier to farm for cash now. Same tomahawk built with inters and 5kg ballast gets the PP low enough again and have the added benefit of more grip on the damp track! I just completed a race in 16mins
Brilliant!! Youve just made my night. I'm now able to buy cars again!!

Last edited:
Soldato

I dunno what I haven't done but my PP is still 1280 ish ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom