Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
I'm really enjoying the newly added Watkins Glen circuit. I was doing the Daily Race time trial last night and got my time very close to spaceman. I seem to always make a mess of the final two corners because of the low sun though :o

Glad it's not just me! That sun has been the bane of so many laps for me. I've got a theoretical low 1:45 in the bag but that still puts me well off Spaceman and I assume you as well!! (shakes fist)

Don
Yeah I'm enjoying that track, struggled with Sport over the past couple of weeks but managed to bag podium this aft, should have been 2nd but the car behind used me as a bumper to nab that position on the last corner. Think my best is 1.45 so far, could do better but a couple of corners I'm rubbish at.

Soldato
Turns out I was a potato and using the wrong M6... I swapped to the right version and took a bunch of time off my lap. It's a really fun track but also super challenging, entry point slightly wrong you run wide and get a penalty and some of the midsection the turn in points are quite where you think they are.

Don
Had a bit of luck last night with the Race B. Waiting in the lobby and one of the players was struggling to connect so we were waiting ages, he eventually quit as did others, so there were 7 of us going into the race. I was 2nd on the grid (was the same with 16) so got past P1 in the first corner and stayed there until the end of the race, easy :)

Don
I had the complete opposite, started 3rd then got bumped first corner, had to fight from the very back. Finished 7th I think, seems like you can get away with bumping people without penalty which isn't great.

When the game came out the penalties were much stricter, now you can just smash into the back of people with little consequence.

It's far too easy for players to go on the inside on corners and use the opposition as a barrier to not go off the track and overtake in the same instance.

Associate
Sorry for the stupid question. I've just picked up GT7 (my first GT game). All I'm looking to do is run some races or even practice laps with some decent race cars (GT3). Is there any way around this other than having to progress the painful progression with purchasing cars etc?
Only offline - not online playing that is

Associate
Finally managed to string a decent lap together around Watkins Glen - 1:42.759. I think I could go a little quicker but I've had enough of it now :o:p

Sorry for the stupid question. I've just picked up GT7 (my first GT game). All I'm looking to do is run some races or even practice laps with some decent race cars (GT3). Is there any way around this other than having to progress the painful progression with purchasing cars etc?
Only offline - not online playing that is
If I recall, previous GT games had an arcade mode that allowed you quickly jump in and pick a circuit & car to race but GT7 seems to be lacking this from what I can tell. In GT7 you seem to have to select a circuit under world map and then arcade mode is an option, however you can only use cars you have in your garage..

Soldato
I did a few more laps of practice for Race C, got my time down to a 1:43.0 (1:42.5 opt) from the 1:43.4 i set on Monday. I only bothered doing 1x Race C this week so far, been using my Series X more.

I'm still good for a gold time for the time trial +2.98% of the +3% time to get the 2 million credits for gold. Don't improve 1st place!

Associate
I’ve been playing on and off since release and the thing that keeps putting me off is people just trying to take you out all the time. Why can’t people just race? I honestly don’t get why people play it if they just want to take everyone out.

Soldato
Managed to set a respectable time on Race B. Had 3 races last night all 3 got wiped out on the first lap :( Is there any reason why they made the penalty system less severe?
It was deemed too severe, which of course it wasn’t. Taken the shine off it quite a lot for me as Sport is my favourite part of the game. Not picked it up for a couple of weeks now.

Soldato
Managed to set a respectable time on Race B. Had 3 races last night all 3 got wiped out on the first lap :( Is there any reason why they made the penalty system less severe?

Have you given the WRX a try yet? I was finding it hard to get close to my fastest time in the Alfa but 2/3 laps in the WRX and I'm certain I could get faster lap. I was pretty much there out of the gate.

Been trying to focus on doing some actual racing. I started 10th in my last and got to 4th before some idiot just launched into me and the end of the infield section. He just got to drive off into the distance while I got span out and finished 14th.

Soldato
Have you given the WRX a try yet? I was finding it hard to get close to my fastest time in the Alfa but 2/3 laps in the WRX and I'm certain I could get faster lap. I was pretty much there out of the gate.

Been trying to focus on doing some actual racing. I started 10th in my last and got to 4th before some idiot just launched into me and the end of the infield section. He just got to drive off into the distance while I got span out and finished 14th.
I tried WRX I just can't get on with it. I've had back to back wins tonight so all is fine with the game now. Fickle fan :cry:

But the racing, even since I have been playing has gone crap.

Back
Top Bottom