Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
You got golds? That's mighty impressive if so. Some of those are incredibly frustrating lol :D
The one thing I am proud of in my gaming achievements :D
You are right some of them are mighty frustrating. Most obviously the Nordscheliffe.

Its surprising that there is no trophy to complete all circuit experiences.... shame really.

Soldato
I must be absolutely crap or using the controller is not the way to get the time trial mode gold medal....

I haven't tried this weeks one yet, but gold is possible on controller, i've done it on 2 of the 3 time trials so far (i didn't bother with the F1 one).

Getting within 3% of the top time is a challenge, just like trying to keep up with the A+/S people in sport mode races. The 2 million credits is nice though.

Soldato
Indeed I know you are right....

Incidentally... what settings are you guys using for your controller? Im curious....

Ive done a 1.29.7xx... Im 0.6 away from gold... its an eternity.

Soldato
Indeed I know you are right....

Incidentally... what settings are you guys using for your controller? Im curious....

Ive done a 1.29.7xx... Im 0.6 away from gold... its an eternity.

I'm using the controller on Sensitivity 6, with ABS on Default.

I just did a 1:29.0 (OPT 1:28.8) which got me just inside the gold time (+2.85%). I'll probably need to improve nearer the end if the top time get much quicker, i'm only just on the first page on my Friends leaderboard.

Soldato
I'm using the controller on Sensitivity 6, with ABS on Default.

I just did a 1:29.0 (OPT 1:28.8) which got me just inside the gold time (+2.85%). I'll probably need to improve nearer the end if the top time get much quicker, i'm only just on the first page on my Friends leaderboard.
Good job bud. Can I add you to my friends list? Can you send me your username?
Will give your settings ago.

Soldato
Cheers spaceman. Added.

Cant believe it... just stuck at it and manage to shave it down to 1.29.095...

Think I will need to still improve to keep gold?

I genuinely cant believe I am 2.5 secs off the fastest time... where the hell am I losing time! lol.

Soldato
Cheers spaceman. Added.

Cant believe it... just stuck at it and manage to shave it down to 1.29.095...

Think I will need to still improve to keep gold?

I genuinely cant believe I am 2.5 secs off the fastest time... where the hell am I losing time! lol.

I don't think first place will get much quicker as its a short'ish track. 1:29.0 might be enough, i'll check back next week and see if i need to do more laps to stay gold.

The top times are probably just carrying more speed through the corners pushing the track limits, or taking different lines getting on the power early. I haven't watched any replays to see.

Soldato
I've shared a really close clean race on Daily Race B, if anyone is bored. A mix of A & B players as my qualifying time isnt the best.

I should be able to get down to a 1:34.8 if I get all my fastest sectors on the same lap. 1.35.2 at the moment.

Soldato
I don't think first place will get much quicker as its a short'ish track. 1:29.0 might be enough, i'll check back next week and see if i need to do more laps to stay gold.

The top times are probably just carrying more speed through the corners pushing the track limits, or taking different lines getting on the power early. I haven't watched any replays to see.
Just a headsup. The fastest has improved and pushed me into silver.
But I just did a 1.28.9... hope it holds....

Associate
I comfortably got gold with a 1.28.7** or so. Don’t recall how many laps I did to achieve it, 10-15 perhaps. Don’t think the Skyline suited Red Bull Ring much..

I’ve still been playing through this most days since buying it in June. Got all golds in the license tests and all gold in missions bar the hour long races (I’ll do them eventually).

Spend most time in Sport mode now and do pretty well (sometimes even from starting at the back as I hadn’t set a qualying lap time).

Did the 15 lap Gr.3 race last night using the Mustang (liking this for Gr.3 at the moment). Won against nearly all 911 RSR by ~8 seconds to then get a 1 minute penalty.. I mustn’t have used two tyre compounds during the race so I was most annoyed! :p

I’ve set gold for the new Lap Time Challenge using the Gr.4 Mustang. GTR yet again the fastest car for this car class so I’ll try that and probably set a very strong gold :rolleyes:

Associate
What’s your tag @CaptainFail! ?

If anyone wants to add me please do, I like seeing how I compare against others. GT: Baba Gimp.

Had a new baby and moved my office so I’m a bit out of the loop with the game but want to get back into it.
My tag is CaptainFail_172 :)

Congrats! I’ve got baby number 2 due in less than a month so I fear my GT7 time will suffer :p

Back
Top Bottom