• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphic Card Brace / Support.

Associate
Hi,

I have seen many graphic card braces & supports which prevent heavier graphic cards from sagging in systems advertised on US websites but seem to be unavailable or hard to find here in UK.
Any forum members have any suggested links to obtain these or system pictures / mods which help support these new heavier cards.

Thank you :)

Soldato
I am quite lucky that a drive bay 2 inch's below the back of my card. So I use a photo negative pot. Never had an issue with my 980 but the Zotec TI is just stupid size LOL

Associate
OP
Read a lot of PC builders adapting and using all sorts of ways in supporting the weight of the higher end cards like yourself Strudders but getting a retail support that is designed for purpose seems difficult to find than I expected.

Soldato
I've known quite a few people use home made ones. Piece of metal angle or bent plate (bolted to the bottom or mobo tray area.
Even known something like a plastic rod or even a little figurine be used to help prop it up.

Actual supports are pretty rare to find nowadays.

Soldato
Zip tie chain to the case chassis rail above for me, I know they say the cards are designed to bend a bit but it just looks painful.

Associate
I have the Powercolour Power Jack and it really good. Keeps my 980TI with Prolemitek MK26 cooler stable with no bend at all. Just google it. Cant remember where I got it, maybe from this site but they don't do it any more.

Associate
OP
I have the Powercolour Power Jack and it really good. Keeps my 980TI with Prolemitek MK26 cooler stable with no bend at all. Just google it. Cant remember where I got it, maybe from this site but they don't do it any more.

Exactly what I am after.... searching comes up with 0. Very surprised UK market has nothing to offer.. but ty for info :)

Associate
OP
Someone was looking for the same thing last month and ended up with an Asus VGA Holder:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/gpu-support-bracket.18768070/

Just had a look on eBay for "VGA Holder" and a couple of possible items show up. Not as cheap as a lego stand or other kinds of homegrown solutions sadly.

Thank you... Even considering using a black nylon rod and sticking rubber pads on either end. Ebay 200mm length and 6mm diameter £2.49, can cut to size at home and 2 rubber pads from Homebase. Sounds simple enough, will see :D

Back
Top Bottom