Graphical Glitches / Motherboard Problem?

Associate
Hi everyone,

iv been having problems with my graphics card, im running a 6600GT and an asus P4P800D motherboard, everything on my PC is running at it's normal clock speed and the AGP slot is running at x8

How ever sometimes when i boot up it says my 6600gt isn't getting enough power... i have the molex on the card pluged in and i have just brought a new thermaltake 500W power supply.

In games i soem times get missing texture and some textures are streched from their location 1/2 accross the screen so somewhere else... it also sometimes crashes and says "your 6600GT is responseable for system instability" but it's brand new and i had near enough the same problem with a ATI 9600pro (untill the fan burt out (HAHA))

at first i thought it might be the chipset on the motherboard conflicting with the card but now i think it might be the AGP slot? is that possible? for the AGP slot to restrict power and run at lower performace?

any insight from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Associate
OP
Iv had the system running with another PSU & Graphics card and i got the same problem...

reason i think it might be the AGP slot is because of the power issue. i know that even though it's running with another molex it still gets some power from the motherboard. and the fact that some of the graphics keep glitching... but that might be down to the chipset i really dont know... this has been around for sometime so there isn't a chance in hell of a RMA :p

Back
Top Bottom