• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card memory

Soldato
The main thing I read graphics card memory is for is giving better res. What I wanted to know what other things does it effect? I was just wondering so in future I can make the right choice in what cards I should buy.

Soldato
OP
div0 said:
In general the more memory a graphics card has - the more details you can turn up - ie the higher the settings that you can use.....

BUT, as someone already said - if the card isn't good enough to produce decent frame rates, with the details turned down - then it is a waste to have the extra memory, because you'll just get even lower frames if you turn the details up!!

I've seen a 512mb 7900GT here on OcUK which looked fantastic value I think it was around £270 thats what got me thinking.

Back
Top Bottom