• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card prices?

Soldato
I have no idea how you worked that one out

The cheapest 3090 costs around £450 more then the cheapest 2080ti was on release

If you watched the video above you would have seen the real price was $1200 in USA and in UK they were £1200, yes they had a few at under but that lasted what 5 days ? Then most AIBs were £1200. Also the 3090 is a better deal, especially for work related uses, it is over double the performance for some work related use (check review below). In games it is 50% faster than a 2080ti. Not everyone buys these cards for gaming only. ;)

Associate
Can anyone confirm what the current going rate for the various graphics cards are? I have periodically gotten lucky and managed to get a graphics card into the basket, however I am not sure if the price I am paying would be fair (relatively fair given the circumstances).

I did manage to get a 3060 into basket earlier however it was priced at £1400 with a waterblock attached to it already, so this wasnt much use, but the price was definitely something to gawk at!
That is absolutely mental pricing.

IMO this is what I think they're worth - if there was no stock shortage and with normal pricing. Add to the below what you will for urgency reasons.

I don't think the rrps are far off but you won't find them for that atm.

3060 - £300 (barely better than a 2060)
3060ti - £400 ish
3070 - 450/£500 ish
3080 - 650 ish
3090 - lol... For gaming... Maybe 900?

6800xt - 650 ish
6800 - 600 ish
6700xt - 450/500

Not sure if anyone else would agree but that's what I think they're worth

Soldato
then say that then, just be honest and say "we wont ship due to the extra customs costs due to brexit" rather than just claiming they cant because of brexit which is a flat out lie making it seem like they cant physically ship here.

where does it say they’re not shipping here due to Brexit?

Soldato
I paid 300 for a 1080 a few months ago Inc a waterblock and theyre now close to 450 with no water block. Looks like I had a deal actually haha

Thats a good deal to be fair. I did consider a water block to maybe extend the life of mine/increase its performance a bit but they seem quite expensive. (Probably due to only old stock being available now)

Associate
Thats a good deal to be fair. I did consider a water block to maybe extend the life of mine/increase its performance a bit but they seem quite expensive. (Probably due to only old stock being available now)
Nope... Those blocks are always expensive haha. Its the reason I've never gotten into custom loops and stuff myself. Need to wax another £200-£300 literally just on blocks if you wanna change up. I love LOVE LOVE looking at custom loops mind.

I had a rig with 2x aios as well at one point. That was pretty impressive however 0 improvement really on my fps compared to just having one on the gpu which I feel is more important (why do we usually just see aios on cpus I'll never know) simpler I guess. I don't like taking apart 700 quid gpus to fix on a kraken g12 mount haha

Caporegime
I can't help but wonder atm, what cards like the 6700XT (at close to £600) have replaced in previous years lineups.

Vega 64 @ $499 -> 6800XT @ $1000?
Vega 56 @ $399 -> 5700XT @ $449 -> 6700XT @ $650?
RX 470 -> 570 @ $169 -> 5500X @ $199? That's +18% price for +23% perf. Then -> what?
RX 480 -> 580 @ $229 -> 5600X @ $299? That's +30% price for +36% perf. Then -> what?

I know people keep saying, "Those prices are gone, they are never coming back."

The RX 5x0 to 5000 series was already underwhelming. You get a bit more perf and you pay the same % more in RRP, almost.

The 6000 series with unrealistic RRP represent a pretty much doubling of the price across the whole product stack.

It's hard to see where people on RX 580 cards go from here. Atm, staying put, no doubt.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
It's hard to see where people on RX 580 cards go from here. Atm, staying put, no doubt.

i paid £390 or there abouts for my upper end 1070 in feb 2017.

even before the idiocy kicked in with prices i was nowhere near a good doubling in performance for £400 the obvious choice was a 3080 but yeah £650 for a founders was just too much for me maybe £500 but the way things have gone the joking about waiting for 4000 series cards is becoming more and more serious as the weeks fly by.

Associate
i paid £390 or there abouts for my upper end 1070 in feb 2017.

even before the idiocy kicked in with prices i was nowhere near a good doubling in performance for £400 the obvious choice was a 3080 but yeah £650 for a founders was just too much for me maybe £500 but the way things have gone the joking about waiting for 4000 series cards is becoming more and more serious as the weeks fly by.
The way things are going I don’t think even the 4000 series cards will be affordable, it’s just one of those things that don’t like like it’s going to change, I’ve been waiting to upgrade my 980ti sli cards for ages now and stick just isn’t coming and prices just aren’t tempting enough are they.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
The way things are going I don’t think even the 4000 series cards will be affordable, it’s just one of those things that don’t like like it’s going to change, I’ve been waiting to upgrade my 980ti sli cards for ages now and stick just isn’t coming and prices just aren’t tempting enough are they.

just seems to be a perfect storm now with crypto and covid as well as everyone having a go at making more profit from what sales they can make. cant blame them for that but also i aint going to like it either.

Associate
just seems to be a perfect storm now with crypto and covid as well as everyone having a go at making more profit from what sales they can make. cant blame them for that but also i aint going to like it either.
I get what your saying, unless a deal turns up which isn’t likely or someone wants to get generous in my family and buys me one I think I’ll wait it out longer, going to have to bite the bullet at some point, for now my cards are holding out but barely

GAC

GAC

Soldato
for now my cards are holding out but barely

thats the worry for many of us, feel very sorry for anyone if they have a card die at the moment, i have a gtx670 in my old rig thats not been turned on for 18 month i could use but god knows how much use i would get out of that now.

Back
Top Bottom