graphics card problem?

Associate
1 long 2 short beeps on bootup with new system build... mobo is A8N SLI SE which runs the award bios. The sticky says this is a graphics card problem... I have tried reseating it three times but no luck. Im trying to install a sapphire x800 gto2. The PCI-E power connector is plugged in and the fan spins. When i installed this card in my old computer i had to clear CMOS to get it to work, is this worth trying? dunno what to try next.

Cheers

yep... although, i will try reseating it, swapping modules over, and trying each individually. Havent done that yet as i presumed it was a graphics card error form the beep code.

ok... so the memmory is

Mushkin 2GB DDR EM3200 Enhanced Performance Dual Channel Kit (2x1GB) CAS3 (991461) (MY-006-MK)

I tried both modules both way round... i get 1 long beep 2 short with either combination. So i try one module only and it works. I try the other module only and again i get 1 long beep and 2 short. Could i be doing anything wrong or is it screwed?

nope... i havent touched anything because i hadnt been able to boot before. Although with the module that works and the other left out, when it does boot i get "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded"

Ok i put my 2*1GB corsair modules in and it boots fine but i still get "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded". Whats that mean? does it matter? :confused:

errrr, i changed the date, it was set to jan 2005... and now i dont get that error. So its just 1 of the memmory modules i cant get to work either in combination with the one that does work, or on its own.

thanks guys... yep im just installing windows now with the one stick in... hopefully theres just a setting i need to change in the bios to get it to work or something.

Back
Top Bottom